MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling HSE Advisor for an international oil and gas operator in Sulaimaniyah. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and fluent in English and Kurdish.
This KRI based role will report to the HSE Manager/Superintendent/Supervisor providing functional support to field activities. The candidate will be required to undertake a certain amount of travel in support of the role.
- Operate within and promote Company Energy core values and HSE culture.
- Provide experienced judgement and technical insight in HSE management.
- Participate in the implementation and execution of HSE plans and activities required in making continuous and positive HSE improvements in the field operations.
Key tasks will include
- Maintain compliance with local and international HSE laws, regulations & standards.
- Implement and maintain HSE management system, procedures and work practices.
- Participate in HSE risk assessments to plan and execute prevention and mitigation controls.
- Monitor control of work to ensure that all activities are planned and executed safety e.g. Permit to Work, Energy Isolation, Pre-job meeting, Emergency plan etc.
- Manage at site the HSE interface with contractors and operationalize HSE standards.
- Provide HSE support, monitoring and assurance for field operational activities.
- Support the development and approval of environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and related studies, plans and monitoring activities.
- Maintain site emergency response plans and conduct training, drills and exercises.
- Lead / participate in emergency response as needed.
- Conduct regular HSE audits, inspections and visits across all operations and contractors.
- Investigate HSE incidents to determine root causes and propose/implement actions.
- Prepare, submit and maintain HSE performance data (KPIs and Targets) and activity reports.
- Deliver HSE induction and internal HSE trainings; and facilitate external HSE trainings.
- Ensure that Company HSE requirements are clearly communicated to staff and contractors, and performance is tracked, initiating appropriate corrective actions as and when necessary.
- Provide advice and assistance to line management on all matters relating to HSE.
- Implement Company HSE programs and other HSE initiatives effectively.
- Carry out regular HSE meetings with all stakeholders.
- Ensure completion of HSE action items and share lessons with stakeholders.
- Lead HSE culture and continual improvement journey as an integral HSE team member.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-year experience in HSE field roles for international oil and gas companies.
- Experienced with drilling and workover field operations.
- University Graduate in Engineering or HSE related field
- Professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH, GradIOSH/CMIOSH, CSP/equivalent, IEMA, Auditor etc. preferred
- Knowledge of industry HSE best practices and national and international HSE legislation
- Experienced in oil field operations for construction /drilling /production /projects
- Experienced in HSE risk assessment e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, ENVID etc.
- Experienced in leading HSE audits and incident investigations
- Experienced in developing and implementing HSE management systems and procedures
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Good problem-solving ability and a pragmatic flexible approach
- Be able to work in remote location with minimum corporate support
Internal & External Interaction
- The position is expected to work closely with field operations (construction /drilling /production /projects) as well as support other functions like security, logistics, C&P, administration, CSR etc.
- The job holder will have to interact with local communities on a regular basis.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process