MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling Manager for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 15 years of experience in a relevant role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Ensure Company's HSE and QAQC policies and standards are implemented on the rig sites.
- Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling projects.
- Leading and cost estimation/budget preparation.
- Ensure the correct management of the drilling operations by optimizing the assets and equipment and supervising the execution of the activities of subordinates.
- Oversees and mentors Company supervisors on technical and managerial guidance.
- Manage the mobilization and ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the well construction operations.
- Support Company Operations Director.
- Endorse Company operation programs.
- Ensure reporting routines are fulfilled.
- Call for / Participate to investigations in case of serious HSE incidents.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifies and mitigates potential employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program with at least 5 years of experience working as a drilling and workover operations Manager with total experience in well construction operations 15 + years including adequate drilling engineering experience. Supervisory experience on a drilling or workover rigs is a plus.
- Experience on the Middle East, preferably in Iraq – at least 5 years.
- Operations experience with HPHT, H2S presence and total/partial losses drilling conditions.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to efficiently manage multiple organization consisting of Drilling Supervisors, Logistics specialists, Drilling Contractors, Service Companies in collaboration with Company Senior Drilling Engineers
- Have detailed and demonstrated technical knowledge of drilling, completion and workover operations.
- Have demonstrated and proved ability to manage multiple drilling and workover rigs at one time in a safe and cost effective manner.
- In depth knowledge well budget preparation and cost monitoring for exploration, appraisal and development projects.
- Understand and demonstrate leadership in all aspects of managing a HSE compliant operation without sacrificing operational efficiency.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment and manage subordinates.
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement processes.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding well engineering and well delivery process.
- Valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF or IADC).
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent knowledge of the well control best practices.
- Must be very proficient in leading, delegating, motivating and mentor Company office and field personnel and contractors.
- Should be able to identify areas where improvements in work practices, costing, money, savings, etc. can be made.
- Must be able to work under stress & with minimum supervision especially in emergencies.
- Must be highly skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a drilling, completion and workover environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.