MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 15 years of rig based supervisory experience and fluent English speaker.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Ensure the efficiency and timely management of Drilling Operations to minimize rig down time and rig operating expenditures
Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling wells.
- Delivery of the work program on time and on budget
- Conduct morning calls and review morning reports with the Drilling Manager
- Strong HSE delivery record,
- Provides and supports Drilling Supervisors regarding daily activities on the rig including safety, training, managing of Prompt, promoting internal personnel.
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the schedule. Advise Drilling Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing and resolving such problems.
- Completes daily reporting of Drilling & Completion, work progress and work schedule forecasts.
- Manage mobilization of equipment, tooling and crews from project to project Continuous improvement of the work program
- Reduction in non-performance time.
- Manage drilling operations to minimize rig down time and rig operating expenditures.
- Responsible for the overall safety implementation for assigned rigs.
- Coordinates rig moves within the field with rig Contractor
- Reviews Rig Expense Reports to monitor and track operating costs regularly
- Keeps Drilling Manager updated on the status and operation of assigned rigs.
- Provide technical trouble shooting when problems occur on the drilling rig.
- Conduct meetings service providers, to increase the efficiency of the service
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed Conduct after actions reviews, section reviews and incorporation of lessons learned to enhance learning efficiency of the Drilling Operation.
- Review equipment planning with Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisors and the Material & Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely equipment arrivals and to eliminate equipment overstocking.
- Perform wellsite inspections to ensure that safety programs are conducted and monitored by the drilling contractors in a manner consistent with HSE policies in conjunction with the Senior Drilling Supervisors' site specific HSE plan.
- Plan the mobilization for upcoming projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering or equivalent technical field Graduate
- Crew training experience
- 15 years of rig based supervisory experience
- 5 years’ Experience as Drilling Superintendent position
- IWCF level 4 well control
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 15 years plus within the drilling industry, demonstrable track record of moving up through the positions
- Down-hole tool knowledge – to include directional drilling, survey equipment, drilling tool, drilling fluid chemistry, fishing, completions, well testing, DST, artificial lift.
- Supervisory skills with a multi-discipline multi ethnic team
- Extensive working knowledge of land based exploration and development rig based activities in a sour environment.
- Culturally sensitive
- Mentoring skills
- Well Control competency
- SimOps coordination between Drilling / Production / Construction operations
- Artificial lift experience (Electric Submersible Pumps)
- Well work over and remediation
- Well pad construction design and layout for operations
- Focal point for all communication to the rig based operation(s)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.