Manages drilling operations at the well site by ensuring correct management of all drilling activities. Responsible for the safe and efficient drilling, workover and completion of operations.
SCOPE OF WORK
Follow operations on the field and support DM on the daily job requirements. Also ensure (supervise) equipment, materials, and personnel movement from/to rig site. Engage with all contractors to ensure proper delivery of the required services.
- Plans and works closely with the Drilling team to manage drilling, well completion and workover operations and ensures that all operations have been thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with the prescribed requirements of the subsurface team.
- Plans and directs future drilling operations with all concerned parties. Communicates effectively to ensure that all technical specifications of the drilling program and drilling manual are met with strong focus on reservoir, production, and geological objectives.
- Reviews equipment planning with Drilling Engineer, Drilling Supervisors and the Material & Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely equipment arrivals and to eliminate equipment overstocking.
- Performs wellsite inspections to ensure that safety programs are conducted and monitored by the drilling contractors in a manner consistent with HSE policies.
- Prepares technical specifications and evaluations during the procurement process of the drilling rig and all drilling services. Documents operations risk assessments and DWOPs.
- Liaises with construction personnel to ensure that well platforms are constructed to specifications, in a time and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures safety and environmental performance of all drilling related operations.
Reporting and Relationships Management
Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all the staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Stays abreast of current technology in the drilling activities, evaluates activities against pre-established goals, and makes recommendations based on evaluations.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of 15 years of Oil field experience. Minimum 10 years of Drilling Superintendent experience
Specific Requirements and Conditions
- Industry training in drilling technology and HSE and Middle Easter experience.