Mselect is hiring Drivers for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Minimum of 5 years driving experience with fluency in English and Kurdish.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be a part of a pool of drivers who can be tasked to drive clients around Kurdistan to wherever they need to go. Depending on the license the driver will either drive a bus or a 4x4 vehicle from the vehicle pool. The driver will be fully responsible for the vehicle during any transit. The driver will also assist in maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicles when not on a task. Drivers will spend at least one day a week as the duty driver which entails working through the night. Drivers would be expected to live in the field for a maximum of 48 hours in any single trip. The purpose of the job is to provide a safe and timely travel system in Erbil and the Atrush Block including the transit.
- As a member of the pool of drivers be prepared to drive a company vehicle as directed by the Journey Manager
- Be polite to all clients
- Abide by all driving protocols as directed by the Journey Manager
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is present in the vehicle
- Proactively takes responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge in his field of expertise.
- Uses knowledge, skills and expertise gained in daily work
- Upholds and role-models company values
- Builds relationships with local service providers
- Keep the pool of vehicles in a clean and roadworthy condition
- Assist the Journey Manager in any other tasks.
- Assist other drivers with all reverse parking at the office vehicle par
- Kurdistan driving license valid for the type of vehicle to be driven
- A thorough understanding of the English Language (spoken)
- A recent eye test.
- Local knowledge of Kurdistan
- A minimum of 5 years driving experience
- Must have a manual driving license
- Able to fix any basic vehicle issue, such as a flat tire.
- Completed a defensive driving course.
- Has attended a basic First Aid course.
- Has the necessary IT skills to be able to operate a GPS
- Good communication skills
- Previous driving experience in a security company in Kurdistan
- Works independently
- Effective team player
- Effective communicator
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment