MSELECT is looking to hire am Electrical & Instrument Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have 20 years previous experience in an E&I dual role with exposure to all aspects of maintenance in oil and gas processes.
The Electrical/Instrument Technician will be responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor for the safe, efficient & cost-effective operation of site in Kurdistan region of Iraq
They will perform preventive and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on electrical and instrumentation systems.
Remote site and camp-based position requiring the candidate to work 2 weeks shift on by 2 weeks off rotation.
Job specific duties:
- Site focal point for all Electrical and Instrument equipment.
- Perform isolations/de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on safety and control systems.
- Perform isolations/de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on safety and Electrical equipment. (400v Max)
- Act as Performing Authority in the PTW system.
- Maximising the Instrument, Control, and Safety Systems to safely and efficiently contribute to delivering optimum site production.
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of allocated Electrical equipment, systems, and installation areas.
- Carry out all Fire & Gas maintenance and associated activities.
- Implementing planned maintenance programme directly reporting to Maintenance supervisor
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximise equipment availability, identify spares requirement and stock control.
- Monitoring and controlling works by vendors/contractors within his/her remit.
- Update and maintain the maintenance management system.
- Raise work permits and preparing work-packs, as appropriate to progress work, also for vendors and contractors.
- Develop trainee training material.
- Mentor and coach for national trainees.
- Applicates must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates ideally have 20 years previous experience in an E&I dual role with exposure to all aspects of maintenance in oil and gas processes.
- Worked under strict Government HSE regulation e.g. USA or Western Europe.
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC/HND or equivalent.
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written. Be computer literate and have experience of Maintenance and Material Management systems.
- Experienced in coaching nationals to a competency program
- Industrial training assessor qualification prefer.