MSELECT is looking to hire an Electrical and Instrumentation Designer for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience and fluency in English and Kurdish, both written and spoken is a must
Direct report from:
Project Manager Tawke, Project Construction Manager, QA/QC, Document Control, Discipline Supervisors
Seeking an experienced E&I Designer to be based at the operations sites in Kurdistan. The E&I Designer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.The E&I Designer shall be responsible for the production of E&I drawings and MTO’s for Engineering and Construction works. The E&I Designer shall produce drawings and information in response to requests from the Project Manager Tawke.Health, safety, environment and security are core values and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme. The Project Manager Tawke will play a key role in this area.
- Interpret instructions from the Project Manager Tawke.
- Interpret Basis of Design documents and P&ID’s.
- Interpret specifications.
- Produce drawings using AutoCAD.
- Make site measurements, including clash checking for new works in the Brownfield site.
- Discuss drawings to construction teams and engineers to gain feedback.
- Review completed construction drawings from third parties for accuracy and conformity to company standards.
- Produce scopes of work and cost estimates for small to medium size projects.
- Occasional travel may be required for this position.
- 5 years of experience in onshore projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- BSc or equivalent in Engineering discipline (electrical or instrumentation preferred).
- Fluent in English language.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Navisworks.
- Experienced in 3D modeling preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and internationally accepted standards.
- Accuracy and effectiveness in electronic drafting.
- Perform drawing and technology research.
- Coordinate with engineers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Tawke, Kurdistan