Mselect is urgently seeking to hire an Electrical Technician for one of its major Oil & Gas service clients with good knowledge of hydrocarbons behaviour and associated risks. The successful candidates will be chosen to work on a rotation pattern of 4 weeks on 4 weeks off in their operation site in Iraq – Badra.
Theoretical knowledge Petroleum:
- Have a basic understanding of facilities / process (from well to export). Be knowledgeable of hydrocarbons behavior and associated risks (explosion, asphyxia…).
- Be able to produce a report using Word; be able to perform simple calculation with Excel. Have been introduced to internet and mails.
- Understanding and use of basic laws and units of physic (resistance, inductance, DC & AC current and voltage, frequency, active and reactive power). Be able to differentiate low and high voltages.
- Be able to read and use drawings (single line and schematic diagrams), vendor documents, name plate. Be knowledgeable of electrical symbols.
- Possess notions on cable sizing and voltage dropping.
- Be able familiar with a general facilities electrical network philosophy: main generation, emergency generator, switchboard and UPS. Have a basic understanding of inter-tripping and interlocking action, load shedding and load sharing modes.
- For electrician technicians only, have a basic understating of cathodic protection system.
- Understand working principle of main electrical equipment: voltage & current transformers, electrical motor, alternator, feeder, UPS, battery, speed variator soft starter and graduator, HV / LV switchboard, lighting and heat tracing panel… For those, be aware of their preventive maintenance requirements. Be aware of CBM (thermography) requirement and purpose
- Understand principles and know the different systems of earthing (IT, TT, TN and DC unearthed system).
- Have a basic knowledge of working principle of a PLC. Logic diagram with module: AND / OR, NAND/NOR, clock, delay, latch, memory, microprocessor. Understand inhibit, alarm and trip concepts.
- Understand the principle of electrical protection: short circuit, over load, earth fault, reverse power, transformer, alternator and motor specific protections.
- Be knowledgeable on explosion proof materiel and associated requirements.
- For electrician technicians only and for high voltage panel: be able to identify all cubicles and their equipment. Understand interlocking systems in between cubicles.
- For HVAC technicians only, understand working principle of HVAC equipment with different technology (chiller and reciprocating compressor, split units…).
- Understand preventive, corrective predictive maintenance and maintenance plan concepts.
- Have a basic knowledge of the CMIMS (be able to issue a notification, read, interpret and complete work orders…). Be able on a given and simple preventive work order to prepare tools, identify spare parts and adapted procedure or work instruction.
- Know how to select and use the available and necessary hand tools for electrician (including special insulated tools).
- Be familiar with construction practise: laying, pulling and connecting cables (using cables glands, terminals blocks, cable lugs, bus bar, sealing compound…)
- Correct use and handling of mustimeters, clip on ammeters, Ohmmeter, earth tester (Megger), earth leakage kit and recorder
- Be able to maintain and troubleshoot small electrical installation like lighting and heat tracing circuit.
- Be able to identify the different types of cables (including ground ones) connect those properly (using lugs) and perform their proper laying (in trenches, on cable tray…). Select, use and install the appropriate cable glands and tags.
- Be able to do preventive maintenance on non-critical equipment: batteries, motor, alternator, breaker, transformer, contactor and switchboard.
- Be able to test and verify alarms, trip and interlock settings
- Be able to perform insulation and continuity tests
- LV Electrical equipment: be able to dismantle, replace defective parts, reassemble, reconnect and check the system. Identify all accessories.
Safety at work
- Knowledge of electrical habilitation requirements and be certified as required.
- Be aware of permit to work and electrical isolations requirements, High / Low Voltage Switching
- Operation procedures and shall have a sufficient international certificates.
- Be aware of gas test requirement including H2S safety precautions.
- Be knowledgeable on PPE requirement and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) interpretation.
- Be aware of area classification, marking for hazardous area ATEX rules and Ex explosion proof materials and shall have a sufficient international certificate.
Correctly report anomalies, accidents, near misses