Mselect is looking to hire an Environmental Advisor for a major Oil & Gas company to be based in Erbil.
The successful candidate will provide support to HSE Function in minimising the impact of the operational activities on the environment and providing assurance through direct support.
- Maintain and support the Environmental Management System.
- Participate in field visits as required and serve as a field focal point for environmental issues within the Block for both Operations and Project development;
- Advise on (current and emerging) Regulatory and Requirements across the site
- Monitor compliance to permit conditions.
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of the HSE Plan
- To develop and maintain relationships with applicable Regulatory and Government bodies.
- Maintain overview of environmental performance, including but not limited to, emissions/discharges/incidents
- Conduct environmental risk assessments, responses and controls;
- Responsible for the delivery of Environmental campaigns;
- Review and provide input into annual environmental KPI’s;
- Provide input and analysis into/for environmental incident investigations
- Conduct periodic audits/assessments (for due diligence, integration and optimization, and normal operations);
- Promote and disseminate HSE successful practices;
- Assist in the preparation of weekly, Monthly & Quarterly reports.
- Assist in developing common HSE tools and guidelines
- Serve as a resource to all of for training materials, information and programs
- Degree in scientific discipline
- ILETS score – Band 6.0 or above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Atmospheric sciences
- ISO 14001 Auditor certifications (registered with IRCA or equivalent international body)
- Excellent communication, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
- IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Environmental position
- Work experience for an Oil & Gas company and working within HSSE environment.
- Knowledge of International laws and Standards (i.e. World Bank/IFC).
- Knowledge of international HSSE requirements and standards
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIAs)
- Working experience with ISO 14001.
- Broad range of operating experiences: drilling operations, civil construction, pipeline
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organization.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results.
- Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.