MSELECT is looking to hire an Export Pumps Field Operator for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 5 years’ experience in oil field operations. English fluency is preferable.
The role of this position is not only to ensure hands-on assistance to Ops coordinator in overseeing routine operations of equipment pertaining to Export Pumping Station including sand filters, CWTs, Slime Station and Export pumps station but also during Ad-hoc activities that are taking place from time to time. The position will also play a role in promoting Operation Discipline amongst the BOC Shift Operation Teams.
- Readings and measurements
- Measure freeboard of each filter in service (twice a shift)
- List which filter is in filtration mode, stand by or under maintenance
- List which filters are preserved with Hypo
- Sample common filters outlet and measure turbidity, apparent colour and TSS
- Record the totalised volumes of even and odd filters (three times per shift)
- Record export flow rates and line pressure: once a day and on demand
- Record each Clean Water Tank level: twice per day as well as on demand
- Check export pumps status: record pumps in service, stand by and under maintenance
- Check slime tank level during backwash to prevent overflow
- Report leaks, valves and pumps issues
- Operate routinely submersible pumps in chambers
- May from time to time carry out backwash of filters
- May from time to time conduct stroke checks of valves
- Report daily running hours of IW pump
- Follow up on sand filter backwash efficiency and report any shortfall
- Take water or chemical samples and hand to the lab as may be required from time to time
- Conduct onsite lab tests of water samples (NTU, Free Chlorine)
- Oversee special activities conducted on sand filters such as but not limited to:
- Skimming filters
- Commissioning sand filters after refurbishment
- Addition of Hypo for preservation of stand by filters of filters under maintenance
- English skills (written/spoken) are preferred but not essential
- University Graduates preferred, but not essential.
- Interpersonal and communication skills are critically important
- Exposure to production operations preferably in water plants
- Capable of working autonomously, and organising time and resource to achieve work deliverables to defined standards.
- Personal behaviour and work ethic that lead by example.
- Good HSE awareness and safety behaviour and skills.
- Good knowledge of Control of Work systems and associated procedures.
- Iraqi national
- Rotational 7 days on / 7 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process