Mselect are recruiting for one f the largest international food and beverage companies in the world, they have 450 factories globally across 150 countries employing over 300,000 staff and now they are looking for a Factory Controller to be based in Duhok, Kurdistan.
The Plant Controller serves as a business partner; custodian and co-pilot of the Factory Managers to ensure the financial commitments of the unit are delivered. As the most senior F&C role on site, this role is key to ensure the governance and internal controls are in place. The Factory Controller is responsible to support the factory manager on driving efficiency, and is the “Do It Best” champion on site, providing periodic follow-up on initiatives, and helping operational managers to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Main Functional Responsibilities
Budgeting, Planning & Forecasting:
- Responsible, together with the Plant Manager, for delivery of the factory financial commitments as per annual Operational Plan.
- Responsible for financial reporting, control and analysis of factory costs, CAPEX, Factory Non Quality Cost, including process waste tracking.
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of the annual budget process of the plant. Prepare analysis of actuals vs YE budget, identifying risks and ensuring action plans are in place.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of period close, by performing manufacturing close activities in ERP system, ensuring full absorption of costs. Perform review of expenses and execute accrual journal entries.
- Prepare Factory KPIs and ensure timely reporting to HO and zone.
Cost control & improvements
- Ensure continuous improvement initiative “Do It Best”for the plant are in place, with periodic follow-up and reconciliation vs financial targets.
- Coordinate with HO finance team, to ensure policies and procedures related to finance areas are followed, and flow of invoices from the plant are consistent with full documentation.
- Ensure compliance of accounting of manufacturing costing, factory logistics, CAPEX, Inventory, and factory accruals (payroll and expenses) is aligned with NAS.
- Recording Accounting & Financial entries for a manufacturing set up, as per Company Policy.
- Oversee cycle counting, root causes analysis, and physical inventory counts at plant location and involvement with the plant team in the analysis of the inventory variances and the deployment of relevant action plans.
Qualification & Experiences
- Formal financial qualification of appropriate level (ACMA, ACCA, Bachelor of Finance).
- 2/3 years of experience in Accounting and Finance preferably in Factory Costing within FMCG industry.
- Proficiency in English is must and language of the market is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the business principles and best practices to ensure business sustainability and drive continuous improvement.
- Understanding of business/ competition/ capacity to benchmark.
- Good understanding of ERP systems.
- Understanding of the product and brand P&L.
- Solid knowledge of product costing.
- Good Knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Good knowledge of control issues and framework for stewardship/ governance.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing conversion process, industrial footprint and physical / technical aspects of a factory.