MSELECT is looking for a Factory Operator in Baghdad, for one of our regional leading producer of baby's sanitary and Hygiene, the candidate preferred to be fresh graduate with diploma degree.
The Job Purpose of the Operator (Basic) is to safely carry out general line operations and cleaning regimes according to planned operational requirements in order to deliver a good quality packed product. As a core member of the operations team the Operator (Basic) plays an important role in maintaining line safety and will identify process or line issues to leaders.
- Safety - Knowledge and understanding of national Safety and Environmental legislation and company policy, systems and practice relevant to Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals. Ensure that procedures and practice adhere to safety policy and legislation. Must actively contribute to the safe working environment.
- Workplace Hazards - Full knowledge of workplace and hazards within it. Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the tasks in your area.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials. Must actively contribute to an eco-efficient environment.
- Start-Up/Shutdown procedures - Carries out pre start-up checks to ensure that the area and equipment is clean and is in a safe condition as per the SOP. Shuts down equipment and the area as per the SOP.
- Cleaning –Performs initial cleaning, but will inspect and clean if possible sources of contamination and inaccessible places.
- Material Availability - Provides a continuous supply of appropriate packaging material from storage areas to demarcated storage areas as per existing 5S standards.
- Quality - Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
- Administration – Conducts effective hand-over activities and records accurately events that have occurred during shift (cases packed/rejects etc).
- Continuous Improvement – An awareness of how to use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area; provides description of problems and can provide monitoring of process or line issues.
- Teamwork – Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and able communicator
- Physical Ability – Operators require a level of agility to move quickly between workstations, ascend and descend steps
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Post Diploma Degree or Engineering
- Fresh Graduate is preferable
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.