MSELECT is looking for an experienced Field Manager to work with an international oil operator in Kurdistan, minimum 15 years of experience is requested, fluency in English is a must.
Deliver safe and reliable production
- Input to and delivers daily, weekly, monthly and yearly plans to deliver production against agreed production rates and plans.
- Determines daily and weekly priorities to deliver plans.
- Key role in the planning and execution of site based and field wide activities ensuring coordination between departments to safely and responsibly deliver on agreed project schedules.
- Input into and approval of field operating procedures that address the risk of the work and the pragmatic way work is undertaken such that they are easy to understand.
- Drives continuous improvement by ensuring all incidents relating to HSE, production deferment or work delivery are investigated, and appropriate actions put in place and delivered.
- Acts as Site Controller for the Permit to Work System
- Contract holder for key production related contracts as agreed with Production Manager and supply chain department
- A key role with input into and ownership of selected HSSE, integrity/process safety and production related risks and actions contained in the field(s) risk registers.
- Uses risk assessment and control processes in the prioritization of work and activities of self and others.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE)
- Delivers against agreed HSSE objectives and performance indicators.
- Delivery of compliance with company HSSE policies, practices and procedures.
- An active role in ensuring that procedures are complied with in a manner that maximises the efficiency of work in the license allowing leaders who report to the Field Manager to focus on work activities that represent higher risks.
- A key player in accepting and driving HSE into the line personally demonstrating the leadership characteristics and behaviors expected of a leader.
- The leader of the field(s) Emergency Management Team for all emergency situations.
- Encourages learning to avoid repeat incidents.
Asset integrity management
- The rigorous management of acceptance of wells and facilities from other departments ensuring al agreed close out actions are completed before hand over.
- Ensure Safety critical handovers of shift/rotational staff is done in a manner that communicates the ongoing work prioritization looking at people, processes and plant issues.
- Ensures all staff and contractors fully understand their role in the delivery of process safety performance on the company assets.
- Management of the field(s) fabric and process (asset) integrity management systems:
- Maintenance programs
- Deviations management from agreed programs are risk assessed, managed and approved.
- Identification of and remediation of failures and faults ensuring risks are understood, controlled and rectification of faults is made in accordance with agreed work plans.
- Assurance of competence of persons in all license wide production and related roles with a keen focus on safety critical roles.
- Sets clear daily and longer-term goals for the team reporting to the FM ensuring priorities are understood and agreed.
- Performance management through the company agreed performance management program of field-based staff working with the license and field management teams.
- Manages the field through competence and knowledge of the people, plant and processes through regular visits to all field locations ensuring that “dark corners” are not left unattended.
- Ensure accurate daily and other reports with essential information
- Reporting and management of all agreed leading and lagging key performance.
- Ensures field management and field teams learn from incidents and so minimize the chance of a repeat occurrence.
- Motivates the team to get the best out of all staff, a team player.
- Acts in a fair and consistent manner with all persons they engage with and manage.
- Encourages two-way communication welcoming good and bad news.
- Ability to self-deliver when needed, maximize delegation and empower decision making.
- Pragmatic resolution of production and other issues through engagement and decisive decision making.
- Develops others and self to improve competency and behaviors
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 15 years or more production operations experience in upstream oil and gas with at least 6 years’ experience in production management.
- Minimum HNC or equivalent technical college qualification.
- Preferred Management of Major Emergencies and or Incident Commander qualified
- Able to work in a mixed and culturally sensitive environment
- Meets the company competence profile for a Field Manager
- The role reports to the Production Operations Manager, and is a field based role.
- The work schedule is rotational in nature with 29 days on / 27 days off, and is a b2b role.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.