MSELECT is looking to hire a Field Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 15 years exposure in supervisory / managerial role in the oil and gas industry. and fluency in English is a must.
The Field Manager is in charge of the field and production operations with various functions reporting into this role of which the LOM Superintendent. The candidate is supported by specialised roles both in the field and Erbil office.
This is a senior position and the candidate shall demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of production operations, have green field & start-up experience and 15+ years exposure in supervisory / managerial role in the oil and gas industry. He must have H2S exposure and middle east / north Africa experience. The candidate shall be able to develop independently frameworks, policies, procedures and implement them accordingly in the organisation.
The candidate shall be based in the field, and may in addition perform supporting works in the Erbil office or other locations in KRI or other comoany offices around the world.
Company representative at location and advocate for safe operations at highest standards.
Operating within company core values and HSE ethics.
Optimise production operations from wells, ensuring oil is processed to specifications, offloaded and trucked in an efficient and safe manner.
Ensure daily production and export reporting is performed in a consistent and effective manner.
In command of Emergency Response, spill response and company representative for the local community and its workers.
Interface closely with the engineering teams, Security Team, Field Contractors, Drilling and Work-Over teams and the local community.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
The Field Manager acts on instructions provided by the Operations Manager, Technical Support teams in the company branches.
The Field Manager shall have good knowledge, understanding and experience with:
- Monitoring of wells and production facilities to ensure optimal plant uptime and availability
- Trouble-shooting related issues and optimisation of the wells, production facility and chemical consumption
- 15+ years exposure in supervisory / managerial role in the oil and gas industry.
- Data collection, production accounting, production and sales reporting
- Well testing, optimisation and debottlenecking
- Field Drilling / workover, well intervention and Civil construction SIMOPS
- Commissioning & start-up of wells, process facilities and Tanker Loading stations (TLS)
- Support the developing facility operating and maintenance procedures
- Process parameters (operating envelope) of wells and production facility
- Permit to work system, chemical safety and management
- MOC process
- Ensure equipment and facilities are operated in such a manner that production levels are maintained
- Support the preparation of annual operating budgets
- ESP operating knowledge for future requirements
- Laboratory testing and sampling standards and requirements
- Working in a highly sour oil and gas environment and understanding the specific HSE precautions required.
- Emergency response in command
- Degree in Petroleum / Operations Engineering
- Good English communication skills
- Good level of computing skills, ability to use standard Office applications
- Self- motivated, high initiative and adaptability
- Sensitivity to supervising and working with personnel with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process