MSELECT is currently looking for a Finance and Accountant Administrator for an international Business Consultancy firm. The successful candidate must have a practical experience of 3 years in the field of finance and accounting. The chosen candidate will join the international company in its office in Erbil, Kurdistan.
Duties and Tasks
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Liaise with local statutory accountant to compute information needed for firm’s trial balance and taxation requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal auditing services.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location
- Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, and enter data, or process information, Mac products.
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to clients, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Performing Administrative Activities -- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
- Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others
Required Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Mathematics -- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Economics and Accounting -- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- English Language – Fluency in English. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of Kurdish and Arabic is a plus.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of Excel, Xero, QuickBooks, Mac laptops and OS and other applications and programming.
Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology