A major technology and communications company is looking for a Finance Controller to be based in Baghdad. A minimum of 5 years of experience is required along with fluency in English language.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and quality periodic reporting data, analysis and
planning of project related financial (sales, costs, gross margin, inventory, receivables,
resource planning) across all BG’s and BL’s.
- Ensures compliance with company financial policies, instructions, guidance, processes, tools,
accounting principles and internal controls in the project.
- Sets up, coordinates and maintains accurate demand and financial planning of the project in the
- Proactively monitors and controls the financial and operational performance of project
against plan in cooperation with GS CPM. Applies official Customer Operations (CO) and
Global Services (GS) KPIs and develops any other KPI’s or measurement methods
needed to control the project.
- Identifies and flags risks impacting project margin and actively contributes to risk
mitigation, proposing corrective actions including accrual bookings and needed
- Provides project financial and progress analysis to COM/ PM / CaPM/ MS Operations
Manager, Customer Business Controller, in cooperation with GS CPM, to support CT
and project team in decision making and to trigger action to manage variances against
the cost baseline.
- Responsible for cost of sales and revenue recognition accuracy by aligning with logistics
and GS CPMs.
- Supports the Customer Business Controller in preparation of RRB materials. Understands the applied revenue recognition method.
- Responsible for correct order, invoicing and inventory data by aligning with logistics.
- Coordinates system setups together with Customer Business Controller, Logistics and
GS CPMs at the beginning of the project to ensure system structure enables full
transparency and control. Coordinates required system set up maintenance during
project and system closing activities at the end of the project.
- Provides information on company system capabilities to support various business models
- Prepares audit evidence to ensure internal control compliance in conjunction with
Customer Business Controller.
- Expected to initiate clean-up of legacy balances and propose solutions to prevent unnecessary bloating of balance sheet.
- Visit Customer for follow-up on cash collection and maintain internal database for easy tracking of invoice status.
- Plays vital role in setting up the Project financial together with CBC, Logistics and CPM at the beginning of the project to ensure full transparency and accuracy during project execution.
- Assists GS team during the PTA process and ensure all contractual scope and associated risk are clearly documented during the sign off.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar positions.
- Background of business controlling or management accounting (preferably CO).
- Strong and assertive personality.
- Good communicator and enthusiastic team player.
- Adaptive, flexible to new/changing organisation and new cultures, manage to operate in a less structured environment.
- Ability to motivate, lead and control.
- Strong analytical skills, target oriented, able to prioritise.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process