MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance Manager for a manufacturing client in Baghdad, 7-9 years of experience is requested in finance management, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Participates in annual business planning process to formulate the overall company’s
yearly objectives and takes active role to strategize his own area and annual
targets. Accordingly develops and sets the company’s Finance strategy, submits it
to the GM for review and approval.
- Prepares Finance department policies and procedures manual, communicate it with
the finance and accounting functions after ensuring their compliance to the laws and
regulations of Iraqi laws, and ensures the ongoing implementation and compliance.
- Establishes the company’s financial structure, financial system and document flow
to ensure the standardization and efficiency of the company’s financial operations.
- Prepares and submits the monthly financial reports (i.e. P & L, analysis of actual vs.
budget, bank reconciliation and Balance Sheet reconciliation) to the GM in order to
improve decision making ability.
- Prepares Finance department operating budget and supervises consolidation of all
departments' budgets to ensure alignment with company’s financial strategy and
- Monitors and approves all cash in-flow and out-flow to ensure proper cash flow
- Monitors the compliance of each department expenditure with its set budget to
ensure that budget deviations are properly recorded and reported.
- Supervises the implementation of any new financial systems or programs and
ensures proper staff orientation and training on those systems to achieve maximum
efficiency of the system.
- Develops and updates the company’s credit policy and monitors its ongoing
implementation and compliance to ensure consistency.
- Ensures protection of company assets, internal control, internal auditing and
- Bachelor’s degree, major Accounting or Finance
- CFA is preferred
- MBA /CPA /CIA is a plus
- 10 years at least, 4 years in a similar position, with Tobacco / Alcohol / FMCG
- Effective Communication
- Time management
- Technical and theoretical knowledge in finance
- Accounting and governance
- Quality of work (Time / effort / cost)
- Attention to Details