Mselect is seeking a full-time Finance Manager to work in a national NGO’s office in Erbil with regular travel to other sites within KRI. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial activities within the NGO including producing monthly accounts and donor reports, budget development, cash management, facilitating audits and ensuring compliance with the NGO’s procedures.
- Control, provide technical support and give feedback on the cashbooks sent by each site.
- Review all supporting documentation to ensure compliance with the NGO’s procedures.
- Upload the cashbooks to QuickBooks.
- Provide timely monthly accounting reports to management including Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss analysis.
- Ensure cash flow is smooth and covers all activities.
- Review and approve the cash requests received from each site.
- Ensure weekly cash counts are received from each site.
- Assist with budget development and ensure there is a participative approach in the budgeting process which involves all relevant staff.
- Maintain and implement good working knowledge of all project budgets and applicable NGO Foundation, donor and country law regulations.
- Ensure that all budgets are coded and set up in QuickBooks.
- Review budgets monthly to ensure that costs have been allocated correctly.
- Provide monthly reports to management on budget spend and facilitate budget forecasting and review with relevant staff.
- Provide training to budget holders to ensure that budgets are managed correctly.
- Prepare financial reports as per the donor rules, ensuring they are complete, accurate and produced on a timely basis to ensure adequate review and approval by management.
- Ensure all reports produced are in agreement with the balance as per QuickBooks.
- Ensure that all financial reports are reviewed along with narrative reports.
- Ensure that all relevant staff are aware of any donor specific financial requirements.
- Work with the relevant staff to identify any matters arising in the financial reports and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure that all donor reports submitted are filed as per NGO Foundation’s procedures.
- Lead preparation for all annual, ad hoc and donor audits. Reviewing and addressing questions of concern from auditors.
- Ensure that the Fixed Asset Register is maintained and contains all relevant finance information.
- Ensure that internal controls are reviewed monthly and a report produced for management as part of monthly accounts review.
- Ensure controls over payroll exist as per the NGO’s procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the NGO’s Donation in Kind procedures.
- Visit all offices to ensure full compliance with internal controls.
- Review any partner budgets and subsequent MOUs to ensure compliance with the NGO’s procedures and any donor requirements. Actively be involved in partnerships to ensure continuance financial compliance.
- Review all contracts to ensure financial terms are accurate as per NGO’s procedures.
- Actively review procedures and ensure that at all times that the NGO is in compliance with international best practices for non-profit financial management, and compliance with all donor regulations and requirements.
- Provide training to all staff involved in finance activities and to non-finance staff on finance procedures.
- Participate in the testing, interviewing and recruitment of new finance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and QuickBooks accounting system.?
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Good social skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.