Mselect is hiring a Finance Officer for one of the international humanitarian organization in Erbil with below details:
Functions / Key Results Expected:
The below key results are accurate, detailed and timely financial processes in full compliance with internal and international standards
- Ensure proper application of the organization administrative/finance rules and procedures, and keep abreast of changes in rules and procedures, notify other team members of such changes;
- Follow up with IPs (Implementing Partners) for timely submission of Inception Reports, Progress Reports, or Project Completion reports in line with the stipulated guidelines and MoU. Additionally, provide necessary input in reviewing the narrative reports for its subsequent clearance and approval.
- Ensure that the feasibility and relevance of project applications (within the context of the relevant sector concerns) are assessed; ensure completed proposals meet the necessary standards for perusal by the IHPF Advisory Board.
- Ensure project proposals adhere to acknowledged humanitarian standards and principles.
- Forward suitable proposals to the HFU Manager for approval;
- Support the HFU Manager in critical functions including the review of proposals, budgets and other duties as advised.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of grant agreements (Memoranda of Understanding) between the recipient organization and the Humanitarian Coordinator;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the grant management system (GMS). Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Maintain an updated table of all projects funded and of the disbursement / balances available for transfer;
- Review narrative and financial reports from the Fund recipients and give critical feedback;
- Review requests for reprogramming or extension of projects and make recommendations to the IHPF Manager;
- Create and oversee the respective databases to track applications, project progress, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and financial information;
- Supervise the further development of the databank, compiling the outputs of various interventions under IHPF.
- Provide support in preparation of IHPF audit processes as well as progress and annual reports.
- Assist in HFU budget preparation and management activities.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
- Identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners and suppliers
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the organization system
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.2: Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.2: Basic monitoring
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Master’s Degree, or alternately Bachelor degree with 2 years experiences in financial management, accounting and other related fields.
- 2 years of relevant and progressive experience in financial management, accounting, reporting and/or financial controlling. Certification as a Qualified Accountant would be an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness and management of emergency relief would be a strong asset.
- Relevant professional experience within the organization common system would be an asset.
- Experience in dealing with audit review/reports/recommendation
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required
- Fluency in local language Kurdish is required, Arabic is an asset