MSELECT is hiring a Finance Officer for one of its oil and gas service clients in Erbil, the successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same position, fluency in English and Kurdish is requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Make and record all payments out of cash, recording all programme advances issued and returned.
- Assist with review of Purchase Order, Advance Request, Expense Reports and Payment Requests.
- Assist in entering cash or bank sub-journals (general journals).
- Assist as needed with daily cash management and cash count
- Help consolidate the necessary document for the month end accounting close process, including preparing Journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries.
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Post daily transactions in Quick Books and updating financial spreadsheets.
- Assist with the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Assist in maintaining filing of monthly sub journals vouchers.
- Assist in verifying vouchers for the voucher program and maintaining proper filing system
- Help with the preparation of the award Budget Pipelines, Budget vs. Actual reports, and Cash Flow Projection.
- Help with the maintenance of the Country Support Budget and estimation of support costs.
- Liaise with the Human Resources department to maintain the Staff List and monthly payroll.
- Liaise with the Programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
- Other Duties may be altered from time to time in the light of circumstantial changes and other requirements from the management.
- A university degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 3 years successful of general ledger accounting experience.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Able to communicate verbally and written in English, Kurdish and preferably Arabic.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.