One of our national NGO clients is seeking a Cashier to be based in their office in Erbil with frequent travel to other sites within KRI. The Cashier will be responsible for review of paperwork provided with cash and non-cash payment requests, all cash payments and for ensuring full compliance of payment requests with the NGO’s procedures.
- Responsible for the disbursement of cash in accordance with the NGO’s procedures.
- Maintain accurate records for the disbursement of cash and ensure that the cashbook is kept up to date for all cash payments.
- Maintain a list of outstanding advances and ensure that all procedures over advances are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure there are adequate cash resources in the office to cover all planned activities and request cash when required.
- Collect cash from bank and be the NGO’s representative for day-to-day banking activities/requests.
- Review all paperwork provided prior to writing cheque.
- Ensure weekly and month end cash counts are carried out and adequately. approved as per the NGO’s procedures.
- Ensure full understanding of and adherence to the NGO’s procedures.
- Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience as a cashier.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.