MSELECT is looking to hire a Catering Manager with minimum of 5 years of experience for an international oil operator to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
The Catering Manager is responsible for running the day-to-day catering operations and services in the client’s catering facility. He is responsible for monitoring the quality of the food and service and for making sure that their outlets perform well. The most important part of the job is achieving good quality within a budget and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
The Catering Manager reports directly to the Business Support Manager and executes the orders as detailed.
- Planning the menus & special functions in consultation with chefs
- Aware of any clients special dietary requirements
- Ordering supplies
- Keep the all areas of the Catering Facility clean & hygienic.
- Keep the cooking equipment & utensils clean
- Train & manage the kitchen support staff
- Prepare cooking ingredients
- Prepare salads and desserts
- Follow & implement the kitchen safety regulations and ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Ensure HACCP policies & procedures are conformed to including all temperature logs & records
- Ensure all cleaning schedules are followed and adhered to
- Report any equipment issues/defects
- Customer focused
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Supervise catering team
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team
- Plan staff shifts and rotes
- Budget and establish financial targets and forecasts
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Keep financial and administrative records
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to catering staff to ensure objectives are met and excellent service is consistently achieved
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff and assess performance on and ongoing basis
- Knowledge about food preparation
- Knowledge about nutrition in different foods
- Ability to take and understand orders implicitly
- Suggesting new recipes & interesting ideas for menu planning
- Good communication skills
- Should be a team player and coordinate with the kitchen team
- Should be physically fit & strong to for lifting heavy pots and pans
- Basic Food Hygiene Certification
- Good command of English Language both speaking and reading/writing
- Minimum 5 years of working within a Catering Facility
- International & local cuisine
- Organizational/ decision making skills
- Hospitality Management
- To be able to work unsupervised
- To carry out instructions without hesitation
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.