MSELECT is hiring a Fleet Manager Assistant for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a security related sector with fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assistant to the Fleet Manager. To Provide safe and secure fleet management on behalf of the company and deal with all related matters regarding fleet management.
Assist the Fleet Manager with the following key activities, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Checking, recording and auditing of the drivers and vehicle documentation;
- Effective running of the motor pool;
- Ensuring the effective use of the IVMS;
- Ensure the vehicle communications are effective and all vehicle users understand communication procedures;
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe to drive, regularly maintained in accordance with maintenance schedules and are equipped with the necessary safety and repair equipment;
- The Managing of fuel distribution and use of fuel in the block and documentation is maintained and available for documentation
- Daily liaising with the Erbil Journey Manager in regards to long distance vehicle moves and procedures.
- Liaising daily with the Field Manager and Risk Assessment Manager ensuring that they are fully briefed and conversant with all safety matters;
- Oversee the servicing and repairs of OPF vehicles;
- Ensuring all Erbil transits are received and dispatched in-line with Company journey management rules;
- Coordination of all journeys of company related vehicles within the block;
- Liaise with Garage Repair Contractors for the repair and maintenance of all company vehicles;
- Assist with the training of contractors and company staff regarding the company safe driving policy.
- Minimum - High School Diploma
- Qualified and professional driver with vehicle maintenance knowledge
- Fleet management qualification
- Defensive Driver Training
- Must be a Kurdish national.
- Have no previous criminal convictions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a security related sector, preferred in Supervisor role
- Min 5 years’ experience in a driver related role.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Stress resistant and strong team player.
- Ability to live/work in a remote and challenging environment.
- Understanding of local tribes and tribal structures.
- Understanding and implementing minimum-security standards for oil and gas projects.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication.
- IT Literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluent in Kurdish (Bahdini), Arabic will be beneficial.
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to relate to people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Good decision making & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with different cultures, religions and nationalities.
- Daily Working hours - 12hour work day/12 hours standby during evenings; Work Rotation - Two week on/off rotation.
- Experience in contract management
- Planning and organizing – Good planning and organizational skills.
- Communication – Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Judgment and Decision Making – High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load.
- Must be willing to work on a back to back rotation schedule.
- Company staff and contractors, vehicle maintenance agencies