MSelect is seekig to hire a Junior Electrical Technician for one of its international Oil & Gas clients to be based in Erbil.
To work alongside and assist the Electrical Technician in all matters pertaining to electrical maintenance works and repairs on and around the facilities, in order to gain the required experiences and competencies to allow development to an Electrical Technician role.
Work will be undertaken on a wide variety of power generation and distribution systems associated with the oil and gas production equipment, utilities system equipment along with domestic systems supporting the camp and living facilities.
Maintain and adjust the condition of electrical assets: Electrical Systems, Equipment, UPS Batteries, Generators Switchboards, Motors, Wiring, Portable Electrical tools
- Develop an Understanding of the relevant authorisation procedures, safe working practices and specific instructions.
- Assist the electrical Technician to complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures
- Develop knowledge of how and why resources and spares are planned for and used cost effectively.
- Liaise with the Electrical Technician to ensure the correct, current operating requirements are available for reference
- Assist the Electrical technician to confirm any assets which have been maintained or had parameters adjusted still comply with specified operating requirements with minimum disruption and with the specified methods, tools and materials
- Under supervision monitor and record any maintenance or adjustments accurately in work history in MMS.
Monitor And Assess The Performance And Condition Of Electrical Assets
- Assist the Electrical Technician to obtain information or parameters from reliable sources. (Inspection ports, connections, vendor documentary information, instrument readings, diagnostic equipment.) using approved methods
- Assist the Electrical Technician and develop own knowledge in the use monitoring equipment or procedures correctly to assess the condition of electrical assets
- Under supervision ensure monitoring and checks are carried out in line with specified MMS timescales and schedules.
- Develop a knowledge of what is required to be recorded and communicate monitored outcomes accurately and in timely fashion to raise the effectiveness of MMS
- Gain experience in how to compare current performance with previous assessments and take action where differences must be addressed.
Diagnose Faults in Electrical Assets
- Assist the Electrical Technician to respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures
- Assist the Electrical Technician to select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Gain experience and knowledge in the determination of the cause, nature and extent of problems in the performance and condition of electrical systems or assets
- Develop an understanding in how to use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take
- Under supervision record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Gain experience in how to identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure and regulation
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Ensure resources such as PPE, materials, tools and spares are accounted and not wasted or used inefficiently
Emergency Response (See Station Bill)
Develop competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises
Qualifications and Experience
- Local technical school education
- Medically fit
- Some experience with electrical work
- Once recruited the Junior Electrical Technician will be trained towards gaining their Electrical Authorisation by the (Field Electrical Authority) FEA to the appropriate level
- Personal: Exemplary awareness of safety issues. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined
- Willingness to learn and develop their personal skill set.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive
- Technical: Some previous electrical experience in an industrial application.
- IT: Use standard MS ‘Office’ package electronic mail system and diagnostic software and equipment as required