Our major Oil and Gas client is looking for Crisis Continuity and Emergency Response Advisor to be responsible for providing support to the organization regarding crisis control, and emergency response, supporting the activities of the team. The CCM&ER Advisor will report to the Crisis Continuity Management & Emergency Response Manager. This is a combination of office and field work with frequent visits to degassing stations and other Rumaila assets. The primary focus is to develop and implement verification and oversight activities. The CCM&ER Advisor will be based in Basra– South Rumaila HQ
The Rumaila CCM&ER Advisor is responsible for providing support to the organization regarding crisis control, and emergency response. The position is based in the Rumaila oilfield in Southern Iraq. These are full time positions for Iraqi Nationals, working on a 14/14 rotational pattern. There are two positions, one of which is available.
The CCM&ER Advisor reports to the Crisis Continuity Management & Emergency Response Manager and is responsible for supporting the activities of the team. This is a combination of office and field work with frequent visits to degassing stations and other Rumaila assets. The primary focus is to develop and implement verification and oversight activities
- Develop, review and implement emergency response and action plans for all Rumaila operations and facilities.
- Provide training for office and field staff and contractors related to emergency response and crisis management.
- Develop and implement emergency response drills for all facilities and teams.
- Support the response to actual emergencies and crisis situations by providing assistance to the Incident Management Team, the Business Support Team, and the Business Continuity Team.
- Check the status of, and maintain, emergency response equipment including radios, phones, Incident Response Centre equipment, signs, muster verification lists, and other equipment and supplies.
- Develop and implement verification plans to drive continuous improvement in the application of the Emergency response plans and the capability of the organisation
- Maintain physical and electronic records of emergency responses, exercises and drills
- Act as the Muster coordinator within the company’s HQ
- NEBOSH International certificate, or equivalent
- Emergency Response certification:
- SCBA training
- Fire Fighting
- Advanced First Aid
Skills / Experience
- Proficient in English and Arabic
- Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and willingness to work outside in a demanding environment often long hours
- Knowledge of ICS (Incident Command System)
- Ability to demonstrate process for Emergency Response and Crisis Control
- Ability to run site specific drills and exercises
- Leadership, including the ability to take full command at the scene of an incident
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to deal effectively with people in difficult situations
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports
- Time management skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Physical Demands
The CCM&ER Advisor may be involved in physically demanding and exhausting activities which may include active support at an emergency scene, participating in emergency response situations