We are looking to hire a Chief Accountant for one of our international FMCG clients in Erbil.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations.
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to CFO.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
- Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
- Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish and English is required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Economy.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar positions.
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.