MSELECT is hiring a Gas Turbine Engineer for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah with minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil and Gas or power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance or power plant equipment installation/commissioning, the candidate will be working as full-time employee, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Gas Turbine Engineer will be responsible for mechanical activities associated with Frame 6B and the BOP equipment associated with a 150 MW Simple Cycle Power Plant, located in Basra Iraq. The plant is equipped with 5 GE 6B gas turbines, 3 Fuel Gas Compressors and associate equipment. Responsibilities, include, maintenance of rotating equipment, analysing and troubleshooting data and providing recommendations. The Gas Turbine Engineer will be expected to perform these activities without oversight from senior personnel. Working knowledge of utility power plant systems is preferred. In addition, but not limited to training, development and mentoring the engineers, technicians and operators.
- Plant subject matter expert for all Mechanical matters
- Technical direction and management of gas turbine maintenance outages (Combustion, Hot Gas. Path, Major inspection, Generator, etc)
- Trouble shooting turbine auxiliaries.
- Conduct borescope Inspections: including reading photos and drafting a detail report with recommendations
- Lead a crew of maintenance Mechanical Technicians responsible for the maintenance and repair of all plant mechanical systems and equipment.
- Includes supervisory requirements such as scheduling of personnel to cover required work, documentation of work practices by individuals to ensure compliance to plant procedures, monitoring of attendance, adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Plan and schedule required mechanical maintenance activities on a daily basis with assistance from work planner
- Monitor work of plant Mechanical Technicians to ensure they are working in a safe and efficient manner while following approved company procedures
- Following approved company procedures inspect, test, repair, and replace as necessary all types of mechanical equipment.
- Preform preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems
- Responsible for maintenance of complete equipment files, logs and drawings for all designated equipment.
- Responsible for inventory control and timely ordering of all spare parts, tools, materials and equipment required for normal plant maintenance.
- Assist with forecasting needs for parts materials and equipment required for outages and special projects.
- Monitor and report on activities of outside contractors during plant outages and special projects
- Assist with root cause investigations of any operational incidents and assume lead role for those involving mechanical system issues.
- Lead in the creation and modification process for plant procedures relating to mechanical work of any kind.
- Plan, prepare and present training for mechanical group and cross training for other plant personnel to increase capabilities and performance while enhancing safety levels
- Function as part of plant emergency response team within limitations of training received
- Input and retrieve data from the CMMS (Maximo) program and become very efficient in its use
Health and Safety
- Participates and adheres to plant safety (in order to maintain and injury-free environment), Operations and Administrative Programs and Procedures;
- Understands and masters the ERP Procedures;
- Takes appropriate action when necessary to ensure compliance of safety, efficiency, environmental and administrative guidelines;
- Actively participates in the Job Hazard Analysis and ensures he/she complies with all Safety Procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses;
- Participates in equipment and site clean-up on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for upholding the administration and implementation of the site’s
- CoW process and procedures
- Technical/University degree or qualifying experience with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas or power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance or power plant equipment installation/commissioning.
Required experience and attributes
- Borescope of GE Frame units or similar type gas turbines and development of reports during CI, HGPI and Major Overhaul.
- Geometric dimensional check of foundation, equipment and auxiliaries’ skids positioning, levelling and alignment
- Installation and assembling activities of compressor auxiliary equipment (such as oil console, seal gas system, air console, interconnection piping, oil cooler, anti- surge system, oil flushing and blowing, etc).
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of oil system, air system, seal gas system, anti-surge system
- Work closely with Instrumentation Engineer during the outages for installation, calibration and set-up of compressor electrical instrumentation (such as vibration probes, temperature elements, I/P converters.).
- Verify the start-up sequence; provide assistance during the start-up phase, checking all functional parameters of compressor and equipment, in order to
- Optimize performances and efficiency of steam turbine and to respect the minimum radial clearance between rotor and stator parts.
- Perform small mechanical repairs and carry out any machine works at the machine tools in the workshop.
- Assembly, disassembly, check and adjust the installation and functioning clearances, evaluate the wear, or damage state of the compressor components
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.