MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas client in Basrah a General Accounting Team Lead at least 8 years in the same position is required, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, the role leads a team of analysts responsible for all aspects of tax and inventory reporting as well as covering the cost support to support business functions.
- Oversight of Tax responsibilities providing Tax expertise to a junior analyst responsible for day to day tax activities.
- ROO Withholding tax process including report preparation and tax payment calculation
- Manage external relationships and related responsibilities - GCT, KPMG, vendors, etc.
- Ensure balance sheet integrity through Trial Balance reconciliations performed monthly.
- Cost analyst for PSCM
- Oversight of Inventory accounting and responsibilities managed by a senior analyst including:
- Inventory reporting – Management and Technical Functions
- Ensure all inventory transactions are properly reflected
- Maintain inventory process and ensure all control activities are properly implemented.
- Lead physical inventory count in compliance with TSC.
- Finance interface with Supply Base Manager and team
- Ensure robust control activities related to Tax and Inventory.
- Cost analyst for Security, Subsurface and HR
- Ownership of period end close activities including BSI
- Support preparation of cost recovery invoice in line with TSC.
- Minimum educational requirements:
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Minimum experience requirements
- Experience in Accounting roles
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Previous oil and gas experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of SUN / Maximo (desirable)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.