MSELECT is looking for a qualified Geologist for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience in a similar role with oil and gas sector, fluency in English and Kurdish and Arabic is a plus.
- Reporting to Subsurface Manager on all subsurface related issues.
- Prepare geological reports/presentations in a timely manner.
- Define scope of geological work/evaluation.
- Interpret geological and geophysical data in Petrel and other relevant software.
- Gather geological information on the operator’s blocks.
- Ability to run, use and understand geological modelling, structural modelling.
- Ability to understand carbonate systems, formations and their conditions.
- Ability to understand and analyses petroleum systems.
- Being familiar with the equipment, supplies and spare parts of the mud logging units, drilling operations and drilling systems.
- Work closely with the drilling team.
- Graduate degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience of working with international oil and gas companies in Kurdistan and/or abroad.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent language skills – English, Kurdish and Arabic (preferable).
- Experienced Petrel user.
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal and team skills are required.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.