MSELECT is looking to hire a Grants Officer for an NGO in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant role.
Role of the Grants Officer:
- The Grants Officer provides support in grant management, report writing, budget management, management of sub-grants, and in the development of documents and policies. The Grants Officer works closely with the organization’s management team.
- Grants and Budget Management:
- Maintain up-to-date soft and hard copy grant files.
- Conduct audits of grant files to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare grant launch, management and closing meeting agendas, sharing relevant documents.
- Prepare and circulate meeting minutes.
- Support preparation of spending plans.
- Prepare for and participate in monthly budget versus actuals (BvA) meetings.
- Support signature and approvals by management.
- Review staff allocations.
- Support the drafting of documents and policies as required.
- Develop project documents and planning tools.
- Work closely with the organization’s management team to ensure compliance with the organization policies, program and grants management procedures, and donor regulations.
- Support the development of concept notes, proposals, and modifications.
- Support the development of new sub-grants, including in the review of proposals, budgets and agreements, as well as leading the due diligence process before award of any sub-grant.
- Support the management of sub-grants, including reporting, working closely with the organization’s management team.
- Support team with reporting, including through designing information gathering and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain list of reporting deadlines for grants and play key role in collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data, and report writing.
- Support other information and data gathering efforts as required.
- Participate in all training instructed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- At least three years’ experience in similar role
- Strong English language skills, with Kurdish and/or Arabic desirable
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Serve as a positive role model and the organization ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.