Responsible for the development of recipes and menus as per company’s policies and procedures. Plan and cost menu items, ordering supplies, and keep records and accounts. Supervise and participate in practical training in cooking, baking, preparation and presentation of foods. Perform all duties as per HACCP standards.
- Applies and follows the contractual obligations, company’s policies and procedures
- Follows, imply and maintain all ISO and HACCP standards and requirements
- Collaborates with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or menus to serve all ethnic groups such as Arabic, Continental, Indian and Far Eastern taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients including special events and theme nights
- Instruct Senior Cooks/Cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of foods as well as meeting the desired requirements of the client
- Controls staff working under his or her supervision by giving them the necessary training, guidance and instructions
- Determines production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services Prepares daily requisition for procurement of all food and related items required from the stores
- Coordinates with the Store’s management team to follow the availability of various food items as well as seasonal products
- Checks the quantity and quality of received products
- Determines and maintains food and beverage costs adhering to tight budgets
- Ensures safety training and proper usage of equipment’s and premises is given to junior and untrained staff
- Directs weekly meetings for the kitchen staff
- Leads the team positively for the development of the enterprise
- Performs other duties as directed
- Catering Service Food production training or Government Hotel and Tourism Associate Certification or equivalent
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in the same position, working in high volume catering
- Computer literate and fluent in English; Arabic is an added value.
Must be mentally and physically fit and have the ability to work long periods. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and willing to work under pressure
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.