MSELECT is hiring a Head of Branches for a bank based in Baghdad, must have 8+ years of experience in Branch Management, Retail, or equivalent fields with fluency in English and Arabic
Managing & directing branches’ operations and activities and following up their performance to achieve sales plans and goals. Supervising the daily activities of the branches to ensure the effectiveness of the banking services and sales and to ensure their adherence to the policies and laws. In addition to providing continuous support for branches regarding credit facilities, e-banking services and credit cards customer services.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Develops and Executes the retail strategy for branches under management, as aligned with top management.
- Managing 10 branches across Iraq (Baghdad, Jumieleh, Al Rumieleh, Al Najeef, Al Mansour, Al Basra, Al Sulaimaneieh, Um Qaser, Kurbala, Irbil)
- Lead Business development initiatives beyond branch management to help increase branches customer base and meets the branches asset & liability targets.
- Setting sales objectives for each product for all branches and setting performance measures and standards.
- Monitors progress and support achievement of branches transformation objectives, milestones and KPIs.
- Reviews overall branches profitability, sub segments concentration and products penetration to provide guidance to branch managers on risks and opportunities.
- Meeting periodically with all branches managers to discuss performance, compare between the actual and forecasted one, identify achievements and deviations if any, and to set plans for the coming period.
- Manages and coaches branch managers. Evaluates performance, identify training and development needs.
- Providing support to branches managers and participating in solving any problems if any in coordination with concerned parties.
- Setting systems and procedures to enhance the level of service quality according to the adopted policies. Ensures service levels are met in accordance with Bank targets.
- Supervising providing support for branches in terms of retail services and ensuring satisfying the branches needs in this regard in a timely manner
- Studying and analyzing customers’ complaints regarding level of service and taking appropriate actions in this regard.
- Ensures guidelines for credit and risk parameters applicable to branch banking are adhered to.
- Managing and directing the internal auditing in the branches operations and ensuring implementing taken corrective actions in coordination with Internal Audit
- Preferably Master’s Degree in Banking or Finance or any related field
- 8+ years of experience in Branch Management, Retail, or equivalent fields
- Knowledge in the Central Bank law, regulations and legislations
- Knowledge in Iraqi and international market developments
- Knowledge in bank Group provided products and services
- Knowledge in sales strategies
- Knowledge in Iraqi Market; its social and economic aspects
- Knowledge in technical and legal issues related to credit facilities
- Knowledge in credit banking policies and procedures
- Effective leadership, management, coaching, presentation, administrative and training skills
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Effective communicating and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning & organizing skills
- Execution Excellence - Planning, Reporting, and Analytical Skills
- Uphold confidentiality & client privacy in all situations.
- Proactively seeks solutions that benefit the customer and the Bank.
- Maintaining integrity, honesty and utmost ethical standards at all times.
- Management by Objectives (MBO)