MSELECT is looking to hire a Head of HR and Administration for an international NGO to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
The Head of HR/Admin is directly reporting to the Country Director, and s/he will be working closely with the management Team in Country management office in Erbil and field offices in Sulaymania and Dohuk.
- Applies NGO’s internal rules, regulations, and policies as per latest Staff Manual.
- Supervises HR and Admin staffs; works closely with NGO’s managers and supervisors to collect accurate information about employee files, i.e. qualifications, job descriptions, contracts, evaluation performance, post title, grade, salary scale, probations, etc.
- Assessing employee needs; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims.
- Reports any HR issues to managers and the Country Director to ensure all data is up?to?date on a daily basis, and available whenever required.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures.
- Administers and announces office activities, events, holidays, special occasions.
- Records staff attendance; plans and implements new procedures for the leave benefits as required; calculates DSAs; leave and holiday balances; consults with Country Director any changes within salary and grade.
- Prepares employee contracts and ensures contract renewal on time.
- Maintains systematically all HR records in an organized filing and retrieval manner.
- Develops and manages robust and proper recruiting and staffing processes.
- Manages Interview Evaluation Forms, job interview appointments, feedback, etc.
- Sends regular reminders to managers about employee evaluation forms.
- Provides orientation and training to new staff, individually or collectively.
- Drafts job contracts in compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Updates job descriptions for every position in the organization.
- Assists with organizational and work space planning.
- Manages employee and community communication and relations.
- Administers compensation and benefits as per the NGO Staff Manual.
- Traces employee safety, welfare, wellness and health in the work environment.
- Provides employee services and counseling whenever necessary.
- Commitment to the regulations, polices and professional procedures.
- Any other relevant task delegated by the Country Director to perform any other relevant tasks.
- University degree, preferably in the area of human resources or administration.
- Five years of HR experience with International organizations is necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- Fluency in English and Kurdish Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Iraqi labor low.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.