MSELECT is looking for a Head of IT for an international oil operator in Erbil. Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT systems analysis, data administration and software engineering with fluency in English and Kurdish.
Experience, qualifications, and skills
- Employment requirements and main skills
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration and five years of experience in IT systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design, strong supervisory experience three years.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP).
- Implement policies and procedures for IT operations and procurement according to guiding documents of company (LND).
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
- Prepare and control the budget and expenditures of IT for the branch and local IT projects.
- Recruit and supervise or procure service of computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
- Understanding of influence of management decisions on IT cost;
- Experience in development of methodology documents, procedures/ regulations is a plus;
- Develop a strategic direction for all IT aspects of businesses (infrastructure, business applications, information security) for the branch.
- Set objectives for the IT. Providing a plan of projects portfolio for the year, up to 3 years.
- Plan and deliver the OPEX/CAPEX budgets.
- Manage and control the local IT staff and outsourcers.
- Manage and control IT projects implementation.
- Continuously optimization of IT expenses (mobile services, Internet, leased lines, out sources’ contracts).
- Reporting to company managers about the overall performance of the crucial IT services and IT projects status.
- Justify the IT projects for HQ.
- Define the proper vendors for technical solutions; define the technical solutions, technical requirements, and scope of works.
- Contract negotiations with vendors and suppliers aligned with the scope of works and the appropriate SLA requirements.
- Roll-out the all IT services for the company’s locations. User support.
Business applications implementation and support
- Work with the business to articulate IT requirements that relate to business initiatives and change. Facilitate the requirements of IT to engage their delivery.
- Gathering business unit demands IT and converts them to IT technical requirements for the implementation of the future project.
- Implementation of new business applications based on the BU demands. User support.
- Providing implementation and future support of operation for various application systems.
- Gathering new requirements and implementation of changes to operational applications.
- Languages: English, Kurdish
- Location: Erbil