MSELECT is looking to hire a Head of Operation Section for an international oil services company in Kurdistan. Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a relevant area of expertise; out of which at least 4 years of managerial experience in operation, maintenance, diagnostics and repair; preferably in petroleum companies; fluency in Kurdish and English is requested.
Objective of this position is to ensure the technically correct, safe, uninterrupted and reliable operations of the Pipeline System, including linear part and station facilities.
- Development, control and management of execution of the inspection, maintenance and repair works on the pipeline System in order to ensure its reliable, uninterrupted and safe operation;
- Development, control and management of plans for diagnostic inspections of the main trunk pipelines, process pipelines, underwater crossings;
- Development, control and management of implementation of actions to upgrade the linear part and pumping station facilities to the normative requirements based on the results of diagnostic surveys;
- In close coordination with the Business Units of the Directorate for Commodity Transport organization and ensuring execution of the operational plans for oil pumping in accordance to the approved quarterly and annual Transportation Plans;
- Provision of technical and methodical guidance to the business units within the Directorate for Operations & Maintenance in order to ensure reliable, uninterrupted and safe operation of the linear part and pumping station equipment; firefighting and other protection facilities; route roads; technical actions for prevention and liquidation of emergencies;
- Planning and organization of cleaning of the trunk pipelines from the wax deposits, development of schedules and actions for pipeline cleaning with in-house resources or engaging specialized contractors;
- Development of proposals on upgrade of the Pipeline System in order to increase the Availability and reduce technical risks, energy consumption and production losses;
- Participation in emergency response actions, investigation of the emergency causes, development of preventive actions. Registration and analysis of shutdown of the pipeline and pumping station equipment, control over the execution of corrective and preventive actions;
- Organization and control over procedure of inspection of the Right of Way;
- Participation in development and coordination of plan and budgets in different planning horizons; analysis of planned vs actual budget performance indicators;
- Participation in preparation and conclusion of contracts as well as control over their execution within the assigned competence;
- Preparation and submission to the management of reporting documents in compliance with the requirements of the Concession agreement and internal normative documents of the Company;
- Participate in the development and control over compliance to the internal normative documents within the assigned competence;
- Organization and control of cost saving actions through the effective use of the operational resources and rational organization of activities of the business units within the Directorate for Operations and Maintenance;
- Participation in the work of the Technical Council within the scope and procedure of the Technical Council. Participation in the formation and coordination of development programs, technical re-equipment of the Company, etc;
- Interaction with the State Bodies and local Self-Government Authorities in the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within the assigned competence;
- Interaction with the Third Parties (crude oil suppliers) and representatives of the receiving party at the Iraqi-Turkish border within the assigned competence and provisions of internal normative documents;
- Organization and control over the record keeping on availability and movements of the equipment, materials and stock by the employees of the Business Unit;
- Support to the Company Management and participation in resolution in cases of disputes with the Government authorities or business counterparts in relation to the acceptance, transportation and transfer of crude oil, operation process parameters, quantity and quality of crude oil, etc, within the assigned responsibilities of the Business Unit;
- Participation in examination of technical assignments, design and engineering documentation, proposals of suppliers, internal normative documents of the Company in the field of the Business Unit activity;
- Interaction with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and qualification upgrade of the subordinate employees for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Interaction with the HR Department and Directorate Business Units to update the job descriptions, selection of candidates and nomination for new positions;
- Control over the compliance by the subordinate employees to the requirements of the internal labor regulations of the Company, Industrial Safety, Fire Safety, Occupational Health and Environment protection requirements, ensuring the data protection.
- Higher Technical Education, preferably in facilities and operation of oil trunk pipeline systems or similar
- Knowledge of the international standards, norms and recommended practices in the area of operations, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of the systems and equipment of oil trunk pipelines and station facilities;
- Confident knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines and process management systems and equipment;
- Strong practical knowledge of planning, management, quality control and works acceptance, preferably in the area of oil trunk pipeline transportation;
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills;
- Strong focus towards regulatory compliance, HSE and Operational Excellence;
- Knowledge of commercial and legal aspects in relation to concluding contracts for works and services
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management, maintenance and integrity management software (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, CMMS, etc).
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a relevant area of expertise; out of which at least 4 years of managerial experience in operation, maintenance, diagnostics and repair; preferably in petroleum companies;
- Relevant experience of working in global companies. A clear advantage is experience gained in the Middle East;
- Experience in managing and directing Business Units in operations, diagnostics and maintenance of the trunk pipeline facilities;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.