MSELECT is looking to hire a Head of Technical Section with an international oil client in Erbil, min 3 years of relevant business experience in managing technical and normative document systems, preferably in petroleum companies; fluency in English, Kurdish is a must, Russian & Arabic- Preferable.
- Management of the Technical Section, including technical documentation archive, distribution of functions and responsibilities among the subordinate employees for achieving the goals of the Business Unit;
- Organization and management of development and alterations in the internal normative documentation within the Normative Support System; control over schedules and quality of development of the internal normative documents by in-house resources and engaged contractors in compliance with the requirements to development, approval and revision of the corporate normative documents;
- Participation in the development of structure and content of the Normative Support System, selection and introduction of the normative and technical document management software;
- Management of the corporate Normative Support System; ensuring methodological, technical and information support to all the Business Units, including the availability of the updated normative technical documentation under due consideration of the confidentiality and user rights limitations;
- Monitoring the changes in the International and National standards, control over validity timelines of the internal normative documents of the Company; development of proposals for improving the corporate regulatory support;
- Performing compliance control of the draft technical and normative documents;
- Control over compliance of the Company Business Units with the requirements of the internal normative documentation;
- Control over activities of the Technical Documentation Archive (design and cost estimate documentation, as-built documents, internal normative documentation, etc.) related to technical and normative document management;
- Ensuring efficient registration, handling, systematization, update, search, issue, storage and destruction of documents in compliance with the requirements of the internal normative documents of the Company;
- Provision of support to the Chief Engineer in organizing works of the corporate Technical Council; preparation and organization of the scheduled and unscheduled meetings within the Regulation on Technical Council; preparation and ensuring agreeing of the Minutes of Meetings and control over implementation of the approved decisions;
- Upon instructions from the upper management, support to interaction between the corporate Business Units and Shareholders’ Head Offices within the assigned business area;
- Participation in the preparation of short-term and long-term work plans and budgets; control over schedules and execution of budgets;
- Upon instructions from the upper management, support in development and agreeing the plans, reports, budgets and other documents pertaining to activities of the technical business units of the Company;
- Execution of assignments from the Chief Engineer and Deputy Chief Engineer; preparation and presentation to the Company management of the technical and reporting documentation within the assigned Business Area;
- Provision of documentary support to the Company Management and participation in resolution of disputes with the Government authorities or business counterparts in relation to the applied methods, standards, results and quality of the works within the assigned responsibilities of the Business Unit;
- Identification of demand, issue and control over implementation of the requisitions for procurement of required office and computer equipment, document storage systems, consumables for the uninterrupted, reliable and high-quality activities of the Business Unit;
- Interaction with the State Bodies and local Self-Government Authorities of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq within assigned business duties;
- Upon instructions from the Chief Engineer participation in development of the quality management plan and technical quality assessments;
- Participation in the risk assessment process, developing the risk management plan, monitoring activities and collection of data on the occurred risks, analysis thereof and reporting to the Senior Management; development and control over risk mitigation actions;
- Interaction with the HR Management Division on the organization of training and qualification upgrade of the subordinate employees for continuous improvement of the production efficiency and safety;
- Interaction with the HR Department and Directorate Business Units to update the job descriptions, selection of candidates and nomination for new positions;
- Control over the compliance by the subordinate employees to the requirements of the internal labor regulations of the Company, Industrial Safety, Fire Safety, Occupational Health and Environment protection requirements, ensuring the data protection.
- Higher Technical Education.
- Knowledge of the applicable legislation regulating development and management of the normative and technical documentation;
- Procedure for development, approval and revision of the normative and technical documents;
- Practical skills in document management and control;
- Practical skills in planning, management, quality control and works acceptance;
- General knowledge of the oil transportation technology; operations and maintenance of the trunk oil pipelines, construction, commodity transport operations, etc.;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to address multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with strong analytical and time management skills;
- Knowledge of commercial and legal aspects in relation to concluding contracts for works and services.
- Min. 3 years of relevant business experience in managing technical and normative document systems, preferably in petroleum companies;
- Experience in managing plans and budgets;
- Experience in interacting with the State regulatory bodies;
- Experience in contract and claim management is beneficial.
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
- Applied engineering, project management, maintenance and integrity management software, document management systems (Project Manager, Primavera, AutoCAD, CMMS, EDMS, Documentum, etc.).
- Russian & Arabic- Preferable
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.