We are seeking to hire two Drivers to start in October 2016, to be based in Duhok with frequent travel to Erbil and other areas in KRI.
- Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported material/equipment
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passengers' security, equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the Kurdish-Iraqi circulation code and respecting speed limits.
- Phone call during driving are not allowed
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date
Maintenance of the vehicle
- Checking on a weekly basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, windshield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of the supervisor
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
Remaining stand-by in the office in between movements
- Supporting the logistics team for manual tasks
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor
- Supporting operational organization of field trips
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information
- At least 4 years of experience as a driver with a valid driving license.
- Capable to drive manual-drive or automatic vehicles.
- Mandatory spoken and written Kurdish and/or Arabic; English would be beneficial.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.