MSELECT are seeking for an HR Assistant on behalf of one of the largest Oil & Gas Operator companies in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 1-3 years of experience in HR or administration, the candidate must be fluent in Kurdish and English.Job Summary
The HR Assistant will support the Human Resources department, including Iraq HR Lead and other designated staff as appropriate, to ensure that the company is in compliance with labor, social insurance, tax, etc. rules and regulations, policies and procedures of Iraq . The HR Assistant must exercise independent judgment and discretion in performing tasks given to him/her by Iraq HR Lead.
- In cooperation with other Human Resources staff, manage and oversee the systems that track the “work hours” of staff working with company offices and operational sites. At the end of each payment cycle (i.e. day, week, month), the work hours are to be approved by the appropriate manager for facilitating payroll preparation and payments.
- Oversee provision of support in the recruitment of new national staff, e.g. through vacancy announcement posting, scheduling of interviews, developing/managing personnel files, obtaining staff signatures/approvals.
- Develop and maintain all national staff personnel files to ensure they are complete and kept up to date. Examples of documents to keep in the personnel files: Contract, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Iraqi Identification. Also, assist in distribution of information among employees about official decisions and/or actions received by the HR department.
- In cooperation with Iraq HR Lead, ensure compliance of the staff with comopany rules and regulations, and policies and procedures as stated in the PPPM [Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual].
- Draft correspondences as required by the direct supervisor.
- In cooperation with Iraq HR Manager, assist in providing communication and/or clarification to staff about new company Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in coordinating new staff recruitment and orientation in consultation with the direct supervisor.
- In consultation with the direct supervisor and cooperation with other HR staff, maintain staff Leave Tracking Datasheet and prepare the monthly Annual Leave and Overtime reports.
- Assist in liaising with and providing effective management assistance to the company Office.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining administrative data as required by the direct supervisor for HR Oracle, MNR Portal and other systems.
- Assist in announcing for vacant positions, preparing national staff set of recruitment papers, prepare draft copies of the monthly report, HR Payroll Sheet, Income Tax and Social Insurance calculations.
- Assist Iraq HR Lead in preparing the monthly reports for the insurance company
- Assist Iraq HR Lead in preparing the monthly Social Insurance Office in Erbil
- Assist Iraq HR Lead in preparing the monthly report for Head Counts and Local Investments.
- Assist Iraq HR Lead in checking the monthly amount of Income Tax liabilities
- Act as the Human Resources responsible staff in case of the direct supervisor’s absence
- Perform other suitable duties as required by the supervisor.
Qualification and Training required
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field.
- At least one - two years of progressive experience in the field of Human Resources Management/Administration.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the field of Human Resources, in particular, knowledge in personnel and staff management duties.
- Written and oral English and Kurdish language skills.
- The individual must be computer literate and have the capacity, at a minimum, to proficiently use the software MS Office and Excel.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Work experience with oil and gas companies, preferably international, or other companies within the HR/Admin department, with focus on HR/Admin related rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Knowledge of Iraq rules and regulations governing HR/Admin related issues is desirable
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.