Mselect is looking for a Kurdish national HSE Junior Advisor for one of its clients which is an international oil operator in Kurdistan with below details:
- To provide direct support and assistance to the HSE Superintendent & the HSE Team.
- The schedule will be a 2/2/2 rota to allow mentoring while in the office and practical application while in the field.
- This role is structured to develop a new national HSE staff member into a valuable contributing member of HSE Team.
- He/She shall serve as the focal point to sustain the monthly network meetings between the company's Operations and Support Teams and HSE team, ensuring the minutes of meetings are documented and actions are captured for proper follow-up and completion, as well as providing direct accounting, scheduling, and logistics support for HSE initiatives.
- This person will coordinate the HSE related activities within the company's HQ office environment.
- He/She will also coordinate meetings and training initiated by HSE team members.
- He/She will ensure that HSE processes are coordinated pro-actively within the company's HQ.
- Develop through a structured development program to become proficient in HSE matters and to eventually assume a more Senior Role either in the Field or Office environment.
- Support and facilitate the planning, resourcing and the implementation of HSE initiatives.
- Support and facilitate HSE communication processes.
- Drive and support the HSE documentation processes.
- Develop and drive HSE accounting tasks to include invoicing, purchase orders and expense tracking.
- Coordinate annual HSE training requirements / budget for the company's HQ.
- Serve as a focal point to the company's Operations and Support Teams for training materials, information and programs.
- Support and be prepared to facilitate HSE networks and programs.
- Support the sustainability of the company's HQ Office safety and Tier 2 Crisis management programs.
- Conduct HSE inductions of visitors and new employees
- Follow-up / tracking of major incident corrective & preventive action.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings and maintaining the HSE appointment calendar(s). (Meeting planning includes scheduling, planning, and executing logistics for HSE conferences, Global HSE networks, and anticipating materials needed for meetings.)
- Develop, implement and manage contractor HSE program.
- University degree or equivalent; or
- NEBOSH Oil & Gas International diploma or a suitable combination of Experience and training.
- ILETS score – Band 6.0 or above
- Develop and sustain internal relationships at all levels achieving credibility and trust with top management .
- Proven ability to influence change in a positive manner.
- Strong computer and internet research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English ability.
- Presentation skills.
- The ability to work with a variety of cultures.
- Engineering / Operational experience preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Previous or current work experience with an international company.
- Previous role was in a HSE delivery function.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in similar position.