HSE Manager is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 10 years’ of experience in Drilling and Production HSE to be based in Erbil.
The role, based in Erbil, and reporting directly to the Branch Manager, Erbil will be a permanent, full-time job developing and implementing the HSE programme within the annual and long-term business plans. Bespoke arrangements to manage work-life balance will be considered.
Key Objectives for the role:
- Develop and implement the HSE programme and long term plan.
- Manage the requirements to be placed on operational contractors (e.g. seismic and drilling) including clear plans for self-verification, monitoring and auditing.
- Lead the contracting of specialist HSE contractors as needed for:
- Safety training and HSE system development
- Environmental Management
- Health and Industrial Hygiene Programmes
- Assess the feasibility of obtaining ISO14001 and 45001 certification.
- Interact effectively with other departments, such as Seismic, Drilling, Security and CSR (Community and Social Relations).
- Construct budget and schedules for 2018 and 2019.
- Represent the HSE programme, risks and performance to the Branch Manager, etc. leadership in Erbil , and the MNR.
In addition to the above the successful candidate will need to be willing and able to:
- Integrate with operational and business disciplines in programme development and execution.
- Recommend, arrange and manage HSE training programmes
- Deputise for the Branch Manager if requested.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree or similar in a relevant subject (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma)
- Membership of professional HSE bodies
- HSE team leader or manager experience
- Knowledge of at least two of Drilling, Seismic and Production Operations HSE
- Front-line field experience in challenging locations
- Experience in HSE contractor management
- Experience of operational risk management, reporting and investigation
- Experience of safety training multi-lingual workforces
- HSE auditing expertise
- HSE Management System implementation experience
- Knowledge of IT systems to support an HSE programme
- Local knowledge and experience in Iraq and/or KAR will be an advantage.