MSELECT is looking to hire an HSE Manager for an Industrial Client in Baghdad. The candidate must have minimum 7-10 years experiences in HSE field, including 2-4 years of experience in a management level of HSE with international oil and gas companies. fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- You would be responsible for planning, developing, reviewing and administering the safety and health program.
- You will update, establish and create new policies and procedures to meet current and known future safety and health requirements.
- Complete safety, health, record keeping and housekeeping audits of facility and make recommendations to eliminate workplace hazards, improve performance and eliminate avoidable accidents.
- A safe workplace with 0% accident free
- Safe workplace and machinery, safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Provide functional leadership to the Management Team to ensure that HSSE goals, objectives and initiatives are integrated into annual business plans Provision of suitable and current information and supervision concerning health and safety policies and practices
- Proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measure and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments
- Provision of emergency procedures, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities
- Liaison as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions
- The workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities
- Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks
- Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in safety/environment/industrial hygiene or related field of study
- Minimum of 7-10 years experiences in Health & Safety Environment field with background in cement/manufacturing industry and 2-4 years Oil & Gas industry experience in a Managerial role
- Strong leadership, influential skills, analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a team player
- Professional Health and Safety certifications OSHA or NEBOSH and/or accreditation from local and internationally recognized Health and Safety Standards organizations
- Audit qualification / experience with ISO/OHS/ EHS/NEBOSH Standards. Two years minimum experience in a mining/cement environment
- Ability to train individuals and groups
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process