MSELECT is looking to hire an HSE Supervisor for an oil operator client in Erbil. Minimum 5 years of experience in the same field with oil & gas background, fluency in English is a must.
Purpose of the job
To support the operation in building and maintaining a HSE culture at the worksite where the objective will be to aim for a site with no injurious or environmental incidents from any of its activities. The position will develop a HSE management system to obtain a consistent approach and awareness amongst all site staff and contribute to HSE performance improvements
- Creating and maintaining a fit for purpose HSE management system for the department that covers all the basic building blocks for becoming a high performing organization in HSE
- Developing a HSE organization within the department to oversee and ensure activities at worksites are conducted in a healthy, safe and environmentally sensitive manner.
- Conduct a comprehensive hazard/risk assessment of the worksites and identify mitigating actions to reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable
- Developing a HSE training matrix for the workforce and HSE staff, appropriate to the tasks they perform, that will lead to HSE performance improvements for the department. The training will include all necessary foundation courses that need to be covered in an oil and gas production environment (i.e. PTW, H2S, confined space, emergency response, incident reporting and investigation, manual handling, lifting and slinging, first aid)
- Identifying site activities that need to have detailed procedures or work instructions in order to be consistently carried out by the HSE staff
- Collecting worksite and medical data and delivering a monthly statistical report on HSE performance, covering manhours worked, incidents incurred, environmental matters including wastes and air-borne emissions
- Reporting all incidents via the company reporting template
- Conducting investigations into injurious incidents that have occurred at the worksites with recommended follow up actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Arranging exercises and drills to prepare the workforce to respond satisfactorily to any potential emergency scenario that could occur at the worksites (i.e. Oil spill, explosion, fire, H2S vapour cloud)
- Introduce an observation system to the site (i.e. STOP) and identify unsafe actions and trends to be addressed
- In liaison with and support of operation improve HSE performance of this department towards a target of zero incidents
- Introduce a HSE management system suitable for Operations Department
- Identify and manage the hazards and exposure faced during Operations
- Identify training needs at the site in priority subjects, (i.e. PTW, H2S, confined space working, WAH, manual handling, lifting, hoisting and slinging) and arrange training courses accordingly
- Arrange exercises and drills to achieve emergency response preparedness in the event of serious incidents
- Evaluate HSE performance and report to operations manager. Advertise performance to all worksite staff
- Report all incidents occurring at the site and investigate circumstances to identify root causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Certified safety professional certification (e.g. Iosh, nebosh)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; must have at least 5 years of recent experience in an operational supervisory HSE position in an operating oil and gas company
- Experience in an upstream or refining operating company working environment would be preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing HSE systems, policies, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills in English
- Kurdish language skills would be useful, but not essential
- High level of inter-personnel and influencing skills amongst peers and managers
- Experience writing company policies and procedures
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication
- Proficient with Microsoft Office computer applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.