Our client is a global engineering group focused on delivering engineering solutions to customers in the minerals, oil and gas and power markets who are looking for a Human Resources Manager to Provide HR & Administration support within the Service Center and assist the other departments in routine HR related administrative tasks. The Human Resources Manager will be based in their offices in Basra-Rumaila.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Provide HR & Administration support within the Service Center and assist the other departments in routine HR related administrative tasks.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to:
- Perform administrative duties as needed for the office
- Process the monthly HR reports
- Create/Update the organization charts
- Handle the manpower mobilization and rotation
- Liaise with the new candidates regarding their mobilization to Iraq
- Give the induction to the new joiners
- Handle the PDP's / Competency Matrix and Totem Ranking
- Handle the salary review
- Training arrangements for the staff
- Health and life insurance processing
- Monitor the probation period completion, get the employee's assessment forms from the line managers and issue the confirmation letters
- Prepare the new joiners announcements
- Issue the memo's and policies
- Have the exit interviews for all the leavers
- IT Forms submission for the new joiners and leavers
- Liaise with the members of the management and other staff within the facility and work as an effective team player
- Ability to manage confidential and other sensitive information
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in routine HR related administrative tasks
- Provision of personal administrative support to the senior management staff and associated personnel in an accurate and timely manner
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when required is essential and cover for other members within the administrative team
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in any discipline with a background in Human Resources or administration
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload and be able to work under pressure and take on several concurrent tasks
- Ability to organize office systems, organize and maintain schedule
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills
- Self starter and ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong and pleasing personality
- Self starter who can work on own initiatives with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic, proactive and flexible approach to work
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.