One of the international companies in the retail sector is looking for a Human Resources Specialist with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field to lead and manage the business unit/area, to be based in Erbil. Fluency in English and Kurdish are required.
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit / area in people management agenda.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of the business unit / area, key employees and business processes.
- Builds a strong business relationship with the business unit / area and transfers HR requests and solutions to/from the business unit.
- Implements best practices and supports the delivery of HR processes at the business unit / area.
- Identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks.
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management.
- Leads the change management projects and manages the HR related internal and external communication.
- Assures implementation of broader policy and adherence to external regulations.
- Participates in the recruitment process, discussing staff needs with line managers, screening applications, and conducting interviews.
- Assists in career development issues, discussing career paths with line managers and recommending suitable candidates for promotion.
- Investigates and resolves day-to-day employee relations problems, either directly or through advice to line management.
- Conducts routine salary administration tasks, providing advice to managers on the wages and salaries of all employees, except senior management.
- Prepare and manage HR business plan and yearly budget for the assigned regions.
- University degree in Human Resources and Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in retail.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- Ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Computer proficiency (use of emails/ autonomy in computer configuration, use of Excel for offers & price lists analysis /use is a Must).
- Commitment to Company values.
- Fluent in English and Kurdish.
“Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process."