MSELECT is currently looking for a Senior Accountant for a major international oil operator. The successful candidate must have a practical experience of 5 years in the field of finance and accounting in the Oil and Gas sector. The chosen candidate will join the international company in its head office in Erbil, Kurdistan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To allocate AFE codes to all Vendor invoices.
- To verify that all relevant supporting documentation is attached to Vendor invoices.
- Using ProActis, forward invoices for approvals, via the Submit process, once they meet the required standard of support and comply with Company Policy.
- To reject, back to Vendor, any Vendor invoice that does not comply with Company Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- To work alongside Finance Manager and mutually agree on the utilization of junior Accounts Payable personnel.
- To liaise, as and when required, with user departments, in Erbil and site locations, in a professional manner.
- To liaise, as and when required, with Company Geneva Finance Office and other department’s personnel, in a professional manner.
- To act as stand-in/alternate for Petty Cash function as and when required and to manage all job functions related to that role.
- To prepare and make payment of monthly Social Security obligations of the Company
- To assist, to the fullest extent possible, in the preparation of the Annual Accounts according to Iraqi GAAP and other statutory obligations for OP Hawler
- To assist with Inventory counts and reconciliations, as and when requested.
- To respond to enquiries from other Company personnel, in a timely manner.
- To ensure that deadlines, that are set by Finance Manger – Erbil, and Geneva office, are complied with
- To actively contribute to Company’s HSE programmes.
- At all times to ensure compliance with all of Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Graduate in a Finance or Business discipline
- Qualified accountant (preferred) or studying towards qualification
- Excellent English language skills - written and spoken
- Kurdish language skills - written and spoken
- Arabic language skills - written and spoken
- Minimum 5 years prior work experience in an International company
- Computer literate
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience of computerized accounting systems - preference given to prior experience with ProActis.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-starter, requiring limited direct supervision
- Authorized to work in KRG.
- Preference given to Graduate in accountancy
- Preference given to individual who has worked for an International oil company.
- Knowledge of Statutory accounts an advantage.
- Knowledge of other statutory accounting filings