MSELECT, on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas client in Erbil is looking for an Instrumentation and Control Technical Support Engineer with minimum of five years’ relevant experience and must be fluent in English and Kurdish.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Develop detailed design work packs and associated material requisitions within the discipline.
- Ensure surveys of the worksite are undertaken as necessary to develop the required detailed work packs.
- Checking of accuracy and content prior to approval of design documentation, specifications, procedures, data sheets, calculations, bills of material and purchase requisitions.
- Review and control discipline design work carried out by third parties, vendors or design institutes ensuring compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
- Undertake work in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, third parties, vendors or design institutes as necessary to meet delivery dates.
- Advise discipline line management of changes in resources required.
- Ensure compliance of project with technical assignment for engineering, selection of the right principal scheme of complex, high level standardization and unification of equipment.
- Control quality and preparation of technical documentation in a timely manner, compliance with project equipment, components and materials with effective standards and technical terms.
- Study best domestic and foreign practice of completion of similar works with the purpose to use this practice during the design stage.
- Study and make recommendations and conclusions to technical documentation received from third party organizations for drafts of standards and technical terms.
- Undertake tasks on behalf of the discipline Technical Authority as directed.
- Monitor the detailed engineering design for the implementation of modifications and projects not deemed to require the services of an engineering services contractor.
- Promote the understanding and application of risk management techniques within the discipline.
- Manage design change within project budget and schedule framework.
- Ensuring a timely response to all third parties and contractors on design issues.
- Maintain quality and procedural compliance.
- Monitor progress, preparation of deliverables - participation in project, system, process reviews and audits.
- Provide assistance in delivering the following;
- Delivery for all engineering design activities within schedule whilst maintaining technical integrity under the Management of Change process, and complying with HSE values.
- Support engineering design teams and associated administrative functions across multiple projects.
- Promote self-training and development within the field of discipline engineering and maintenance.
- Support the discipline Technical Authority to provide technical oversight of discipline aspects for project and maintenance activities.
- Interface with engineering and maintenance service providers, to review, validate and accept their work and deliverable (calculations, design, specifications, etc.) that have been developed.
- Co-coordinating the design with other disciplines in compliance with project specifications and requirements.
- Development (review and comment) of project and engineering discipline specifications.
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and assure compliance within existing and approved processes and procedures.
- Co-ordinate project design activities within the section to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and commercial objectives.
- Preparation of budgets and schedules for management approval and plan assigned projects.
- Participation in field maintenance/turnaround campaigns.
This is an Engineer level entry position with the intent for development in the field of Instrumentation and Control engineering and maintenance principles.
Reporting to the Instrument and Control "Technical Authority", the intent of this position is to advance knowledge, competence and capacity to become a fully competent and accredited discipline engineer who will demonstrate competence at a level to perform a discipline "Technical Authority" role.
- Degree Qualified in Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in detail design and engineering support activities.
EXPERIENCE /KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Minimum of five years engineering experience in an oil / gas, petrochemical processing, industrial manufacturing or power generation facilities.
- Previous working experience within the Middle East - preferably Iraq and KRG.
- Minimum of five years of process plant / maintenance operations experience.
- Experience of plant maintenance management systems (Maximo / SAP / Oracle etc.).
- Strong engineering and maintenance aptitude required; prefer past experience within engineering and maintenance.
- Personally resilient, flexible, self-confident, assertive and have the ability to motivate.
- Team-building skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Capabilities in dealing with a multi-national workforce both within and external to company.
- Good time management.
- Plan and organize work load effectively.
- Computer literate with a range of applications.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Accurate and pays attention to detail.
Company Iraq staff, both office and site-based at all levels and all departments.
- External equipment suppliers and engineering service companies.
- Specialists from other company regional offices and industry experts.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.