MSELECT is looking for an experienced Inventory Management Trainer to work with an international oil operator in Kurdistan, 15+ years relevant materials management experience is requested; fluency in English is a must.
Inventory Management activities including but not limited to:
- Inventory identification, segregation, stock counting and setting of min/max stock levels for all Production Critical and Non-Critical spares.
- Physical inventory and spare holdings are mirrored in Epicor. Ensure a full Production and Projects / Facilities inventory audit can be undertaken by mid-2019 and thereafter.
- Mentor and coach warehouse team members and provide training and support to team development.
Manage and supervise special projects including but not limited to:
- Site materials consolidation and reporting, until completion.
- Implementation of Epicor 10 / warehousing module;
- Development of a fit for purpose gate pass system to ensure internal clients and as well as suppliers / contractors delivering materials and equipment do not have direct access to warehouse material and equipment inventory, and security measures taken to include outward inspection of vehicles leaving warehouse and yard facilities.
- Other project on an as required basis
- Manage and delegate workload across the team and supervise team members in performing daily warehouse duties.
- Management of Epicor materials and equipment data base.
- Supervise and monitor inventory identification, segregation and setting of min/max stock
- levels for all Production Critical and Non-Critical spares. Facilitate stock replenishment.
- Coordinate cycle count activities, analyze discrepancies and adjust as required.
- Supervise/Coordinate yearly inventory counts / audits and implement proposed improvements.
- Coordinate Epicor system transactions for Receipts, Issues, Bin transfers in line with deliveries and daily job order requirements, as required.
- Ensure daily receipts registers maintained and up to date for easy reference.
- Maintain an OS&D Register for receipts and manage to resolve all.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of picking parts for daily Job Order requests for end users and ensure EPICOR transactions are processed in a timely manner.
- Mentor and coach warehouse team members and provide training and support to enhance team development.
- Supervise material & equipment data base cleansing (enhance descriptions & and eliminate duplications) to support Epicor 10 implementation and thereafter.
- Ensure document control is carried out and a systematic approach is taken to daily work.
- Coordinate activities to ensure that bin / bay locations are clearly labelled and identified, and inventory items are appropriately placed on shelves and racks according to size, type and condition. Ensuring that all similar or stock categories are stored in adjacent bins as much as is practicable.
- Ensure that all stock items have PID details showing for ease of picking and issuing.
- Ensure inventory is stored and kept in good condition and coordinate reporting of any damaged materials when noticed. Ensure that MSDS for chemicals, hazardous and dangerous goods are updated and stored beside the goods.
- Supervise housekeeping duties to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the warehouse, yard and offices.
- Participate in toolbox talks and planning meetings as required.
- Supervise loading and lashing, and lifting activities to ensure safe transportations of OCTG, materials and equipment. Manage and coordinate Land Transport Safety.
- Follow company HSSE Standards & Procedures.
Qualification and experience
- 15+ years relevant materials management experience;
- High proficiency in use of ERP systems such as SAP / JD Edwards, Maximo, Epicor, or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of Integrated Work Management System in Supply Chain;
- Demonstrable skills & experience in inventory and materials management & logistics to support drilling, production & projects;
- Awareness of Best Practices in corporate and project supply chain procedures;
- Min 5 years working knowledge in more senior Supply Chain positions;
- Preference for CIPS or CILT (or equivalent) certification and experience with other International Oil & Gas Companies.
- Leadership, planning and training skills;
- Time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Team Player but with ability to work alone without supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to respond to a changing project and business environment;
- Flexible and solution oriented with attention to detail;
- High personal integrity. Ability to handle delicate situations with integrity;
- Ability to multitask and work under stress;
- Hands on
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process