MSELECT is looking to hire an Assistant Chef for a service company for an oilfield in the north of Zakho.
- Prepare menus in collaboration with colleagues
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.)
- Follow the guidance of the executive and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes.
- Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards.
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
- Orders of food stock appropriate to request and not over ordered.
- Ensure that the store men/ responsible checked and signed all deliveries.
- Prepares food for service appropriate to requirement.
- Staff Food policy is followed with no unauthorized food leaving the kitchen.
- All stock is secure and no loss of stock.
- Stock rotation is followed and all store rooms/ fridges and freezers are in order.
- Monitors & controls stock levels – daily, weekly and monthly ensuring there are no shortfalls.
- Ensure all menus are to company specification.
- Ensure all dishes are to company specification.
- Ensure that the storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety requirements.
- Deal with any customer returned food in a timely manner.
- Implement and ensure the company Health & Safety Policy is met at all times – this includes the training of all kitchen staff.
- Comply & implement all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
- Ensure temperature records and food labeling is maintained and up to date.
- Assist in the Performance review all kitchen staff on an ongoing basis.
- Can work on own initiative to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Manage the day to day food administration ensuring systems compliance.
- Any Graduation
- A Chef preferably with a wide range of experience in the catering industry.
- Preferably with strong skills in International Cuisine (with portfolio).
- 3 years of experience.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.