Our client, an international oilfield services provider, is looking for an Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 4 years’ in oil field or associated petrochemical industries experience to be responsible for all electrical maintenance and capable of reading drawings and field engineering. The successful candidates will be chosen to work temporarily for 6 weeks in their operation site in Dohuk, Iraq
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead an electrical maintenance and engineering team
- Projects’ responsible person for all electrical maintenance and engineering aspects of Static and Rotating Equipment types which include, but are not limited to:
- Substations including (but not limited to) Uninterruptable Power Supply, etc.
- Diesel and Gas Power Generation Packages
- Emergency Diesel Power Generator for black start and emergency power supply of critical and vital consumers in case of shut down of main generator with associated facilities.
- Take part in audits, inspections and safety observation tours.
- Providing clear direction to overcome or design out electrical issues.
- Review critical electrical spares holdings
- To be fully conversant with the technical documentation as applicable to electrical discipline that was handed over by & contractor
- Ensure that all electrical technical documentation required for maintenance is available or is resourced through OEM’s or vendors
- Provide answers to technical queries related to an electrical discipline
- Guide and coach Sub-contract personnel on maintenance and best practices
- Assess, mentor on competency / implement training needs of electrical discipline personnel.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- English: verbal, reading and writing in line with the job expectation
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least eight (4) years’ experience in oil field
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
- Capable of reading drawings and field engineering.