An Oil & Gas services company in Erbil is seeking an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer to be based on an oil field in Kurdistan. The successful candidate will be responsible for inspections and verification of all electrical and instrumentation work, including materials, equipment and cabling. Must speak English and have a minimum of 10 years of experience in this field. Prior Kurdistan experience is an advantage. Travel, insurance, and accommodation will all be covered by the client.
Duties & Responsibility:
- Supports controls systems modernization projects and capital projects through involvement in control system specifications, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, training, and documentation.
- Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects.
- Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards.
- Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
- Provides electrical and instrumentation engineering support to capital project team and regional personnel.
- Provides specifications and installation guidelines for instrumentation and electrical devices and systems ensuring compliance with established engineering standards.
- Performs primary and end element sizing, selection, and specification of field devices.
- Conducts technical reviews of vendor/contractor instrumentation design to ensure compliance with project specifications and applicable standards and codes.
- Provides input into work scope development.
- Prepares cost and resource estimates. Evaluates bids. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions. Provides technical specifications to Procurement for sourcing/requisition activities.
- Proven experience and/or qualified to HNC/HND in instrumentation and/or electronics, or recognized local technical school equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in this field is required.
- Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- COMP ex E’X’ Course.
- Preferred courses achieved: HV Protection and HV/LV Switching.
- Medically fit.
- Appropriate emergency/incident Team Leader training and experience.
- High level understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a management team.
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Experience of working in a high H2S Oil & Gas facility is desirable.
- Experience of working in a project environment.
- Experience working with and training subordinate staff.
- Competence Assessor experience and familiar with the competence assurance processes.